• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday 9 April

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Bioscopia: Where Science Conquers Evil

I’ve decided to start my first-person Saturday with this edutainment adventure designed by Heureka-Klett and published by Tivola, mainly because I’ve always had a great interest in the biological sciences.

The game begins with a young scientist who, while exploring an abandoned research facility,  triggers an alarm that awakens long dormant robots.  She becomes trapped and in extreme danger, and your mission is to rescue her without becoming a victim yourself.

The facility has many sections to unlock and explore, and each one deals with a different branch of biology, including botany, genetics, human and cell biology, and zoology.  Through detective work and the help of Big Brain, the biological database, you will solve clever puzzles and collect items to help you move ahead in the story.  The graphics in the game are very detailed, and the gameplay is a point-and-click slideshow style.  The cut scenes are well done, and the atmosphere is even suspenseful at times.  The creators certainly succeeded in making learning fun.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Nice review, Lady K.

I’m a sucker for Heureka-Klett games’ crisp and distinctive graphics and I love edutainment, yet I’ve never tried one of those science games.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Zobraks!  I think you’d like this one.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Thanks Lady K - love the new title for Saturday Smile

What level would you say the biology is in the game? High school? Higher?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Great start of the “Your Eyes” series! Thumbs Up I’m intrigued by this and the rest of Tivola titles, they seem to be carefully walking the ledge between the edutainment and a game!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Oscar,
The game box says ages 10-102, but some of the concepts, especially in genetics, are more geared for high school. 

Diego,
It is definitely a game.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 April 2016 01:18 PM

Oscar,
The game box says ages 10-102, but some of the concepts, especially in genetics, are more geared for high school.

So it wouldn’t be much of a challenge for someone who knew quite a bit about biology?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m fairly knowledgeable but still found quite a few of the puzzles challenging.  The exploration was also fun as you get to visit the abandoned living areas as well.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Congratulations with your first AGSOTD Lady K - Love the logo and the title for your Saturday slot.

Haven’t played this game, and I most likely never will, but nice description nevertheless.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Title and those mysterious eyes looks super cool, LK! Thumbs Up I’m really not a fan of 1st. person AGs but I’m looking forward to learn a thing or two more about them. I’m not really sure why i’ve been avoiding them all those years because I can remember how i’ve enjoyed playing Elvira games.
I don’t know a thing about Bioscopia and I didn’t even took a single screenshot from it, maybe that’s going to change.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks, Izno & DarkEye!  The eyes are one of my many art rubber stamps from a company called Bizzaro.  They were the first company I discovered that had wonderful art stamps, and over the years I’ve bought most of their designs.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 09 April 2016 01:18 PM

It is definitely a game.

Oh, yeah, they’re - I seen reviews of Physicus, Bioscopia… it’s just so great how they succeeded in making all these science titles as a classic 1st person adventure games! It’s a shame some of those aren’t in English (Geograficus, Mathica… ?)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Bravo!

Love the umbrella. Although in my neck of the woods we are still getting the occasional snow rather than April Showers.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It turns out that I actually own this game—you’ve inspired me to look through my collection. I think I started it years ago, but I don’t remember much about it. It certainly looks intriguing.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Diego,
Yes, I wish some of their other titles were also available in English.

Thanks, Tim!  We are finally getting some sunshine, but my grass and flowers have appreciated the rain.

Becky,
I think I will be giving it a replay myself soon.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 April 2016 01:20 PM

Yes, I wish some of their other titles were also available in English.

Zobraks would wish, too Grin (he’d guess those games easier Smile ) - we had a confusing situation at our local forums when guessing Physicus 1 and 2 as we mixed-up their screenshots (the second one didn’t get the English release).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top