• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 5 April

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Although Trine is labeled as action AND puzzle game, I should be honest and warn you that you shouldn’t start it if you have weak reflexes or never played a side-scrolling platformer in your life (the game is most often compared to The Lost Vikings).

However, even though the accent is on action, this title really deserves its place here, if only because of one character - Amadeus the Wizard. The game is unique in that sense that not only you can switch between the three characters (a thief, a knight and a wizard) in any moment (and use their powers together to overcome an obstacle - there’s even a multiplayer mode), but you can also pretend that it’s a classic Quest for Glory game, because many puzzles in the game can be solved using one character only - and with Wizard, it’s really where the adventure/puzzle part shines, because the combination of physics and creative input from the player is something that was rarely seen before or after Trine. (well, perhaps in Trine 2)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I thought it was decent and entertaining but never got around to play the sequels.
On the other hand I loved Lost Vikings and would like a new sequel, something about seeing vikings lost in space.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top