• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 4 April

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The Marionette

There are comparatively few first person games made with AGS but this is one of them and it is a beauty!

Now it’s only fair to say that while the screenshot above looks very “cat lady”, at least to my eyes, the rest of the game doesn’t so much, although it still looks really good.

You play as a sculptor named Martin who, at the end of a working day trying to scratch a living from his art, finds a letter in the mail containing a strange and rather unsettling photograph. Before long, he finds himself outside a house with no memory of how he got there and no coherent explanation for what is going on except the mention of an “Alice” who it appears may be keeping him prisoner.

Production values are high in this one with video intro and cutscenes and some really rather lovely artwork. Puzzles too are on the harder side. Music is OK but not quite up to the high standards of the rest.

I can’t really explain this, but the atmosphere reminds me strongly of “The Room” and its sequels, which you may have played on Android/IOS although the gameplay is not particularly similar. Something to do with a dark and foreboding feel without the outright gore or horror of The Cat Lady/Downfall probably.

Overall the game is mysterious with an art based but pleasantly varied set of locations. It isn’t the longest game in the world but should take over an hour, perhaps well over an hour depending on how stuck you get.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Intense Degree, I was always intrigued by the screenshots of this game so it’s great that you posted one today with an interesting description!  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top