• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#15 (With all due respect for SQIII fans)

Poll: The best of the Space Quest series:
Total Votes: 11
Space Quest IV: The Time Rippers
Space Quest V: The Next Mutation

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Space Quest V Wins!

Score for the record:-
Space Quest IV :04
Space Quest V :05

—————————————————-

However or whenever there is a debate going on between the series lovers for which of the Space Quest games deserve to be on the top of the series pyramid, SQIII has to have its eventual chance to come forward and push all the other five parts aside, toppling the rank. Seriously i don’t mind as SQIII has its own magic and its mode that differs from the rest of the series, it shoves you through intense, isolated and serious gameplaying and story! then suddenly shoves you back to the awkward SQ trend for jerking atmosphere and planets full of the funniest characters and memorable light scenes, which most of the other parts hold on to this (latter) idea and humor.

Back to the two competitors and the subjects of this match, which most of the series fans or the majority will agree about; SQ4 & SQ5.

I myself always thought that SQ4 was the defiant choice, that no one could choose any other to better out the series, but as being here for more than four years and since i came to these forums i noticed that a number of posters have the choice of bettering SQ5 over SQ4 or SQ3, i even heard one time (one of the oddest things) that this is due the fact that Mark Crowe was alone onto this, Aye! by meaning; Mark Crowe was better off alone, Smile But anyways let get this over with.

Space Quest IV vs Space Quest V

Image Attachments

Sq4front.jpg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Haven’t played these. No vote from me.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 04 April 2016 05:14 AM

Haven’t played these. No vote from me.

Noo, now you really have no choice but getting on with wilco’s playthrough of the series!.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Personally I think SQIV is the pinnacle of the series. Together with the first three games it builds up into a solid adventure game, that ties up things well enough.

SQV is a nice game as well, but at the same time I think it’s the first part in the series that would have worked just as well with some other name than Space Quest attatched to it, mainly because it’s a bit too heavily spoofing one specific sci-fi series. Not that it’s not funny, but at the same time it doesn’t feel like it exists in the same universe with the previous games and that the inclusion of Space Quest and Roger Wilco were more of a marketing afterthought. If it’s name would be Star Truck: Adventures of Benny Nanomite it would be the exact same game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie - 04 April 2016 06:04 AM

Noo, now you really have no choice but getting on with wilco’s playthrough of the series!.

I’m not playing the later games without having played the first.

And I’m not playing the first because just thinking back on that game makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 04 April 2016 07:24 AM
Advie - 04 April 2016 06:04 AM

I’m not playing the later games without having played the first.

And I’m not playing the first because just thinking back on that game makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Well, like tomint said the fifth game is a good one to start with since the story does a kind of reboot and takes out the most frustrating elements of the series. Also very funny

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m afraid I also haven’t played either of the two games.

For some reason the SQ completely fell under my radar when they were originally published and I have never played any of them, perhaps I should join in on the SQ playthrough?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 04 April 2016 11:55 AM

perhaps I should join in on the SQ playthrough?

definitely Izno, this playthrough will only be half the fun without you

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 04 April 2016 12:10 PM
Iznogood - 04 April 2016 11:55 AM

perhaps I should join in on the SQ playthrough?

definitely Izno, this playthrough will only be half the fun without you

Of course, the more the merrier!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am putting an end to these matches, next is last, its only that i have something i have been working on already for the next .

uh stay cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top