• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 31 March

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Hmm, save the fun girl or the creppy dude - this was not the hardest or choices…

Until Dawn (PS4) has a simple premise - slasher film turned game. After that it’s what you expect - a ridiculous plot that fits the genre, dumb decisions by the teenagers, chases and screams everywhere, lots and lots of gore, etc. All the things that makes a fun slasher.
Add in some solid perfomances (Hayden Panettiere, Peter Stormare, Rami Malek), tough choices to try to save everyone, some challenging and original QTEs that make sense, excellent graphics and animations and you have one of the most surprising game from last year. A kind of game that is hard to put down.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

how large(many) is the estimated number of exclusive* PS adventures out there?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Exclusive I don’t think there are many:

PS4 has some:
Until Dawn
Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture
Beyond 2 Souls
Heavy Rain

You can probably add a couple more on PS3 like rain or Ico and they are clearly not classic adventures Vita also has some like Danganronpa series and some visual novels
Probably others I’m not remembering.
Interesting more traditional adventure games are showing up now, besides stuff like the Double Fine adventures, also Broken Sword 5, Book of Unwritten Tales or the ABC Murders and Deponia Doomsday.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i am only (worried or) concerned about exclusivity.
BS5, BA and ABC are ok, they are supported by many (maybe ALL) ports; i don’t see myself owning any thing than my PC, Android, and Mac anytime soon, or ever Content

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top