• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 26 March

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Did someone, other than Karlok, play Darkstar: The Interactive Movie? What is actually wrong with it?!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It was crawling with bugs, that’s one thing that’s wrong with it. I didn’t finish it, watched the remaining cut scenes to see what happened storywise.

But whenever someone mentions Darkstar, like now, I think of the tremendous amount of money and effort the indie developer put into his one-man project for over ten years, and I feel very sorry for him. It was such a big, ambitious FMV project, with fairly well-known actors too. Not a bad game at all, I liked the story. Just not enough people interested in that kind of game, plus awkward controls and too many bugs. 

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I bought the black box version of the game with all the goodies, including the movie and the T-shirt, but I haven’t played the game yet.  I do wear the T-shirt. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I did played it, Diego, and it is a good game but with a few bugs and one thing, for me, one big let down: no subtitles. Since you cannot control individualy the volume for speech, music and sound, the speech is too low for my taste and you miss a lot of what is going on in the game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I played a part of it, the first two hours or so. I didn’t like the gameplay all that much. I have no love for games where you need to find a hidden switch behind the stasis pod you wake up in, because it opens a locked door on the other end of the ship (with no indication that the two are related at all - miss the switch and you’re stuck, find it and press it and you’ll never know what it was for).

I quickly turned to the strategy guide to watch the story play out (and to see all the deaths), because I DO have some love for cheesy MST3K sci-fi. But after a while I figured it would take me too long as there’s just no fun in rigidly following a step-by-step guide, and I gave up.

There’s something to like there (especially for MST3K fans). Unfortunately it was wrapped in the sort of game I dislike severely.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TimovieMan - 29 March 2016 11:33 AM

I played a part of it, the first two hours or so. I didn’t like the gameplay all that much. I have no love for games where you need to find a hidden switch behind the stasis pod you wake up in, because it opens a locked door on the other end of the ship (with no indication that the two are related at all - miss the switch and you’re stuck, find it and press it and you’ll never know what it was for).

You almost talk as if you weren’t aware of Rule #3 of Adventure Gaming: Always check behind doors.
(Along with Rule #2: Pick up Everything as well as Rule #1: Newspaper under door + Pencil in lock = Key!)

Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top