• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 19 March

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Contradiction should be credited for two things: First, it is, quite possibly, the FMV with the best looking video quality, with an above average directing and production values. Second, it introduced an interesting puzzle system where all the clues, items… are presented in a “testimony” window (along with character’s comments on it), and like the name of the game suggests, you need to find the “contradictions” in these interviews to make the progress. There is some nice detective work to be done looking for two statements that contradict each other, but the problem is that it is basically the only type of “puzzle” in the game - big, solid puzzle yes, but you’ll be the judge if that’s enough to keep you occupied until the end.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have mixed feelings about the game. I enjoyed it at first, the detective is quite a character, the FMV is great, like you said. But the whole thing was convoluted, not just the one type of puzzle, the entire story too. In the end it became a drag, I just wanted it to be over.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ve yet to play this (apart from launching the game and going through the first couple of minutes), but the quality of the FMV and its direction was already apparent in the vids for their very first Kickstarter campaign, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top