• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielUndefinedwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 14 March

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

All The Way Down

Another MAGS entry this week in the shape of “All The Way Down”, a short but chilling Lovecraft-ian tale set in Yorkshire, England.

Standards are high in this one, bearing in mind it was made in a month. Backgrounds are nice, character portraits are very good and the voice acting is strong too with some really very passable Yorkshire accents. Background music and sounds fit the atmosphere well.

You play as an un-named American lost and caught in the freezing conditions of a snow storm somewhere in the bleak and lonely Yorkshire countryside. You stumble on a village in which things are exactly what they seem – and they seem pretty eerie! After ignoring a warning to leave and go elsewhere in the blizzard you decide to stay overnight - what could possibly go wrong!

The atmosphere is un-nerving and the characters very nicely written. The look is let down by an absence of animations (other than walking etc.) but this is understandable given the time frame.

The only real criticism I have of the game is that it ends where it feels it should get going (and possibly that the puzzles are quite simple) but again, time constraints…

All in all this is a lovely little case study in this particular style of game. Pretty much any game that is vaguely horror will claim to be like Lovecraft, but this is one that capture the bleak atmosphere of his books well, in my opinion at least.

Short one but well worth a go.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Intense Degree - from your screenshot & description this is a game that has definitely interested me!  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top