• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 2 March

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

One of the many things I absolutely love about Chaos on Deponia is the concept of splitting Goal’s personality into three separate character, Lady Goal, Spunky Goal and Baby Goal.

Due to an accident with her brain implant, which Rufus is in no possible way responsible for, Goal’s personality is split into three different brain implants, each representing a part of her character. Conveniently Rufus has a remote control that allows him to switch between her personalities at leisure, and the genius of this is that it is not only a story element, but a lot of the puzzles are based upon taking advantage of this.

Not only do you need to win the trust of all the three Goals, and in order to do this you of course have to solve a lot of different puzzles, but in order to solve these puzzles you also need the help of Goal, but not just any Goal, you need the right Goal for the job. So for example in order to win over Lady Goal, you will both need the help of Spunky Goal and Baby Goal, and you will need to do some extensive switching between her personalities.

Another thing that is also a bit special about Chaos on Deponia, is that as soon as you get to the Floating Blackmail Market, it immediately opens up into a very large setting with lots of places and quests you can solve in almost any order you want. making this game one of the most non-linear games of the recent years.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was a little disappointed with the game overall as the story didn’t seem to progress too much, but I found a lot of fun to be had within it & certainly negotiating with the three fragmented personalities of Goal to find a way of making her whole again for me stood out as an amusing & interesting puzzle!  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top