• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #38: Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 14 March 2016 09:04 PM

Hmm. I can’t remember whether I got something from the bird’s nest - if I did, it’s not in my inventory and the gypsy didn’t give me the will. And climbing the tree again does nothing.

From the bird’s nest you get the watch

For the gypsy you need 2 items: the watch and the coach schedule

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2007-05-15

PM

diego - 28 February 2016 02:05 PM
Oscar - 28 February 2016 06:46 AM

I hope there’s a third way up otherwise I might be in a bit of trouble Gasp

Wow, you’re a lousy seducer! How many times do you need to go to the lady’s room?! Grin

It turns out that this was preventing me from progressing!  I’d forgotten the perfume on my second time up, and the musketeers wouldn’t appear until I had given the perfume to the witch.

Thank you to everyone who tried to help me through it!

The quiz was a very nice touch Diego!  Although I think I’d left the game a bit too long as I only got one correct! :o

Except for my getting absolutely stuck, I really enjoyed part 2.  I managed to solve the the bartering puzzle all on my own.

I feel sorry for poor little Henri. Smile

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Nelza - 15 March 2016 05:18 AM

Oh no, I assure you that there’s absolutely no need to feel sorry for nagging lying lazy Henri who only thinks about food.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 12 March 2016 12:08 PM

I’ve reached Le Havre.

What a twist. No one saw that one coming… I wonder who has the birthmark?

I’ve now reached Le Havre! which took me less than 1/2 an hour this evening after your hint about the flowers Thumbs Up 
The person who has the birthmark I’ve predicted but hope I’m totally wrong! but whoever yes, it is an interesting twist! Smile

Karlok - 15 March 2016 07:46 AM
Nelza - 15 March 2016 05:18 AM

Oh no, I assure you that there’s absolutely no need to feel sorry for nagging lying lazy Henri who only thinks about food.

I might be inclined to be like that if my employer never paid me!  Laughing

Just to add that although I got stuck in a few places I found this 3rd part flowed a lot better for me! 

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

Sorry to interrupt, but what’s this thread about ? I’m kinda new here, and would like to collaborate with my experience on adventure gaming =)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DefRussian - 15 March 2016 02:17 PM

Sorry to interrupt, but what’s this thread about ? I’m kinda new here, and would like to collaborate with my experience on adventure gaming =)

Welcome to the AG forum DefRussian!

This AG Community Playthrough idea is an on-going one (as you can see we’ve got to no 38) where we here play a game together in a structured order after a preliminary nomination & voting thread to determine the most popular game at the time that most members would like to take part in.

There’s always a play-through leader who preferably has prior knowledge of the game & can organise & judge the pace at which the game is played with the idea that anyone joining in offers comments & can ask for hints as we go along.

In this particular CPT we’re playing Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer (as you can tell! Laughing ), our play-through leader for this one is diego who has (as always happens) split the game into sections & has set the pace of the game - we had a week to play up to opening up another location on the map (in this particular game) & then another week after that to open up another, currently as players have fallen behind diego has extended the 3rd part of the game to 2 weeks! Hope that all makes sense! If not just probe further!    Laughing

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

I see, sounds interesting, never seen something like this in this format before.

Well, Touche is on my backlog list, and has been for 20 years now I think, lol. Will wait for the next one, sounds fun!

THanks for the explanation !

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If you want to know more please scroll through:

Game recommendations and Important/popular threads

to find a list of Adventure Game Community Playthroughs, also we have more recently Adventure Game Challenges where a game is chosen by a member for anyone to take part in at their own pace but the 1st to complete it within 8 days picks the next game to be played. If you like to play Casual Games there is also a Casual Game Community Playthrough + voting thread as with the AGCP!  Smile

BTW If you’ve got Touche it’s not too late to join in!  Smile

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

wilco - 14 March 2016 06:04 PM
kabouter - 14 March 2016 05:04 PM

I still didn’t reach Le Mans. I don’t know what I’m missing so far. I’ve visited the monastery and found the letter. Should I find the will as well before being able to get to Le Mans?. I’ve also freed the witch, found the Louvre and met De Guise. What triggers Le Mans becoming available on the map?

Don’t leave the monastery without the will

More direct hints:
In the pillow in the room

Thanks Wilco! Knowing that the will must be in the monastery made me try enough things to finally rip up that pillow with my sword, without reading your second hint. Still not in Le Mans though. I’m pretty sure I need to buy a souvenir to get my markmanship certificate, but I am broke. Should I be able to get some money from somewhere or is there another way to get a souvenir?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

kabouter - 15 March 2016 06:44 PM

I’m pretty sure I need to buy a souvenir to get my markmanship certificate, but I am broke. Should I be able to get some money from somewhere or is there another way to get a souvenir?

There is a way to get some money.
If you want to know where carefully look in your hotel room

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

ints (part 2):

How can I enter the tavern in St. Quentin?

It’s one of the more infamous puzzles in the game. What you need is to distract the soldiers somehow, by using the surroundings.

The guards seem like a pompous bunch. Perhaps they’ll leave their post for some “heroic” act.

Did you try to jump to the river?. Now use that knowledge.

Throw the melon in the river.

How can I enter the Amiens’ church?

You can’t. But perhaps someone else can?

Make Henri look like a monk.

You’ll need several items for that, some of those repaired by yourself.

Give Henri the repaired sandals, the crucifix, and the monk’s robe.

How can I climb the tree?

You should really be thinking “out of the box” for this one.

Forget about the inventory items.

When you fail, try again.

Climb the tree three times in a row.

How can I earn the shooting certificate?

The musketeers prove their shooting skills by breaking the souvenirs in front of the cathedral.

You don’t really need to break one strictly from firing, do you?

Break the souvenir with a hammer, and show the broken cathedral to the officer.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

wilco - 15 March 2016 08:17 PM

I’m pretty sure I need to buy a souvenir to get my markmanship certificate, but I am broke. Should I be able to get some money from somewhere or is there another way to get a souvenir?

Le Mans, at last! My hotspot-hunting skills clearly need improving, I must have gone through my hotel room at least a dozen of times in the past weeks, but only today - after looking at your hint - I discovered there are two floor hotspots….

Sorry for still lagging behind, Diego. I’ll try to push on towards Le Havre in the coming days.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

kabouter - 16 March 2016 05:05 PM

Sorry for still lagging behind, Diego. I’ll try to push on towards Le Havre in the coming days.

Take your time. I haven’t reached Le Havre myself, also Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

kabouter - 16 March 2016 05:05 PM
wilco - 15 March 2016 08:17 PM

Le Mans, at last! My hotspot-hunting skills clearly need improving, I must have gone through my hotel room at least a dozen of times in the past weeks, but only today - after looking at your hint - I discovered there are two floor hotspots…

From what I can recall there are actually 3 - did you eventually get the right one kabouter? If not the hotspot is more over to the right of the scene.  Smile

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2011-04-12

PM

Argh… I’m still on Rouen… real life gets in the way and playing time has been sacrificed, but I’ll get there!

Heh, playing the game voiced is a blast with the “french” accents! Feels just like watching Allo-Allo! Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top