• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 31 January

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeah, so King’s Quest VII: The Princeless Bride was too childish and cute for its own good, but so what?! If you never really wanted to “play” a “Disney story” you were reading or seeing on TV as a child, you’re not human. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

KQ7 is underrated, imo. And frankly, it’s just as cute and childish as KQ6 was (if you don’t count the darker “long” ending).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve had a very deprived adult-hood as I’ve never played any of the King’s Quest games! Laughing Oh dang! - I can see in that screenshot that there’s no inventory items to be found in DakEyes’s Quiz   Cry

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

I only ever watched the trailer from the KQ collection CDs but I remember it looking like a Disney cartoon which was pretty amazing back then.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I like this game. It is quite a departure from those previous but if you can clear the KQ history from your mind and enjoy playing a Disney film (as you say Diego) then it’s definitely not that bad, despite the overdone cuteness and motherly tone etc.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I hate Disney movies and like KQVII. How does that work?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Oscar - 01 February 2016 07:14 AM

I hate Disney movies and like KQVII. How does that work?

That’s ok, you’re a robot.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Automaton, thankyou very much!

Now if you don’t mind, I’m going back to deleting kitten pictures from the internet.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

KQ VII really put me off. Maybe it’s just me, but I never considered the other games to have that childish quality that this did. Maybe it was the graphics or story, but I loved all of the other KQ games, but couldn’t even finish this one.

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’ve had a very deprived childhood as I’ve never watched any of the Disney movies Wink, but I have played this King’s Quest game and didn’t mind the “Disney” style one bit.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I really liked the Disney style of this one - but the game design sucked, lots of arbitrary deaths and indirect triggers. Walk into a room and die without warning, reload saved game, go and do something totally unrelated, approach the death room, see no indication that anything has changed but now it turns out you can enter the room safely and that’s where you have to go to progress. A real shame.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Phlebas - 04 February 2016 05:04 AM

I really liked the Disney style of this one - but the game design sucked, lots of arbitrary deaths and indirect triggers. Walk into a room and die without warning, reload saved game, go and do something totally unrelated, approach the death room, see no indication that anything has changed but now it turns out you can enter the room safely and that’s where you have to go to progress. A real shame.

You’re talking about the cemetary, right?

I had to use a walkthrough for that one. The indication is the low-hanging branch on the tree - something along the lines of “if it’s down, the bad guy is present and will kill you, if it’s up, he’s not and you’re clear to enter”.
It was really not obvious.

It was just that one thing, though. And dying meant an instant-reload to where you were, so it’s not like you lost progress…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The indication is the low-hanging branch on the tree - something along the lines of “if it’s down, the bad guy is present and will kill you, if it’s up, he’s not and you’re clear to enter”.

The kids playing by the pumpkin house (I think) sang something like that as a rhyme to give the clue but it still wasn’t great.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top