• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 17 January

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The first offering from Telltale - Bone: Out from Boneville wasn’t that bad at all!!! Yeah, so perhaps it was short, but it was a great fairy tale ride (with few, but some pretty innovative puzzles!), and I enjoyed it without knowing a first thing about Bone.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I also didn’t know anything about Bone and really enjoyed it. I remember them having a silhouette of a famous character to be featured in their first game, and it was Bone I was disappointed (you see everyone was waiting for Sam and Max to make a come back at that time), but then the game was short and sweet. It’s a shame they cut it short with only one sequel, and they didn’t end up adopting the whole series.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Played the first one, it was ok, all I knew about Bone was the name. Never got around to play the second since the series was abandoned when Sam and Max showed up… and then Sam and Max was abandoned when Walking Dead showed up

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I loved the dragon in the game, but the ending of the first episode was weak.  Unfortunately, the sequel was only for Windows, so I never played it.

I did read about a quarter of the book and really liked it, but then I set it aside and didn’t get back to it.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I’d go back to the book if you get a chance, LadyK - the story opens out into more of an epic fantasy feel, but keeps the engaging characters too.
(I quite enjoyed the games, but liked the comic first - it would have been interesting to see how the games coped with the metamorphosis of genre if they had kept going!)

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I do intend to finish the book, Phlebas.  In fact, I’m moving it up in my pile and will start it again as soon as I finish A Slip of the Keyboard: Reflections on Life, Death and Hats by Terry Pratchett, which I picked up on my recent trip to London.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top