• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 7 January

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

New year is an excellent time to try out some different games and in this case sytems. Never liked gaming on a tablet but it sure is handy for travelling, so this month will be dedicated to games on tablets.

First one is Year Walk that is now available on other platforms (PC, WiiU). It is very small and the impressions were love-hate-love-hate. The game has a strong premise, it’s based on a swedish folk tradition were it is said that is possible to see the future if the person stays in a dark room without eating and drinking until midnight and at that time leave, meat all kinds of creatures and go to a specific church. (or somthing like that, someone please correct me if wrong).
So after the intro explaining this to player (and meeting the girl in the screenshot) he is left wandering without any specific objective in a confusing map with a semi-pretentious presentation. I was prepared to leave the game at that point but suddenly things started to click, the puzzles were pretty original and realized the map is actually small.
So I went through and was actually enjoyable until the ending, because it sudden and terrible, it just ended… Then I realized you need to download a companion app to see the real ending… At that point I just gave up.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I got to two different endings (one only achievable after doing the other) without any companion app. AFAIK the companion just adds more lore information.

Overall it’s a very good game. My experience was similar to yours (I actually stopped playing, then started again a couple of months later) but once it started rolling, it really got going. Great little horror title with well-implemented puzzles.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The first ending gives you a code to enter in the companion app to read the diary. You need that diary to get the password to open the safe in second year walk and get the true ending.
Not a big deal but it is annoying. Still worth a go but it’s better to already know this and be prepared.

Edit: maybe I should put a spoiler tag around that Smile

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I remember all of that - except for the companion app.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Could it be a platform difference? I have read that on PC the companion is integrated into the game.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Never heard of it, but the graphics somehow remind me of The Secret of Kells.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 07 January 2016 11:21 AM

Never heard of it, but the graphics somehow remind me of The Secret of Kells.

Never heard of it, seems like something to check out

Caliburn - 07 January 2016 09:56 AM

Could it be a platform difference? I have read that on PC the companion is integrated into the game.

That’s what I was going to ask Antrax, if you played the PC version?

That link is interesting, I was wondering how did they adapt some of the puzzles to the PC version since some of them are only possible in the original platform.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top