• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday, 31 December

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PS4) was probably my favorite game of 2015. It doesn’t have any interactions besides walking from one hotpot to another to uncover what happened but I was absolutely engaged by the story that was told. Maybe a bit too soap opera for some but I liked going through the dramas of each chapter/character uncovering how they “reached the light” when the world was about to end. All accompanied by the clean and detailed visuals and a powerful soundtrack.  There were no classic puzzles but you still had to take notes if you wanted to uncover what happened to each character and how they connected to each other. The ending leaves a lot for interpretation (kind of like Dear Esther) and I do hope the rumoured PC release really happens since it’ll open up for more people experiencing it.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

If it will hit you, it will hard. This game mastered environmental storytelling, the non linear aspect actually helps to go back and find more.Even after finishing the game i was emotionally moved by Church bell scenario which i missed in my first playthrough.
Though walking speed can turn many off,i hardly felt frustrated thanks to beauty and music

Witness and Firewatch month away
Need AGs like these, work for me alot for story oriented games

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This game stayed in my head a long time after I finished playing it. It leaves the identity of the player character ambiguous (though I have my own theory about that). It skillfully weaves the relationships and conflicts between the characters (especially the love triangles) and manages to make an out-of-this-world scenario completely believable. I particularly enjoyed the portrayal of Stephen, who’s doing his best to be the hero and (from my point of view) manages to get just about everything wrong—maybe this is the new definition of an anti-hero?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you wilco for the screenshot & interesting description - I’m now tempted to give it a go albeit later in the year!
I’ve got so many other games I just haven’t got around to playing yet!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top