• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleJdawg445Lady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 19 December

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There’s a bit of an “irony” in today’s AGSOTD - after the year 2000, when publishers started investing large amount of money into AAA console games, you could often read how that’s one of the main reasons for the “deteriorating” adventure genre, and the infamous “death” of adventure games (“Are “Are Adventure games dead” threads dead?,” anyone? Grin ). And now, at the Deutscher Entwicklerpreis annual game awards in Köln, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 wins the “Best console game” award! Smile (but I guess that’s still Germany...)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 19 December 2015 05:34 AM

(“Are “Are Adventure games dead” threads dead?,” anyone? Grin ).

Yeah! Why didn’t you supply the links?

Naughty

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It disappeared! Can you find it?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh sure. But the links are dead.  Tongue

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

This one works for me. Josho at his best.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 19 December 2015 09:32 AM

This one works for me. Josho at his best.

Second time you’ve revived that thread. Smile

Can’t remember everything, so I had to log in to see how I voted: “Ouch”

BTW, that’s an impressive X-mas outfit, Mr Z.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This one works for me.

Gracias.

Karlok - 19 December 2015 11:37 AM

“Voters: 43. You have already voted on this poll”. How do you see what did you vote for? Confused

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

diego - 19 December 2015 05:34 AM

There’s a bit of an “irony” in today’s AGSOTD - after the year 2000, when publishers started investing large amount of money into AAA console games, you could often read how that’s one of the main reasons for the “deteriorating” adventure genre, and the infamous “death” of adventure games (“Are “Are Adventure games dead” threads dead?,” anyone? Grin ). And now, at the Deutscher Entwicklerpreis annual game awards in Köln, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 wins the “Best console game” award! Smile (but I guess that’s still Germany...)

Wow Germany lives in a completely different dimension(in a good way), where reviewers look at adventure games beyond Telltale and Quantic Dream. In a lot of American outlets (like ign for example), TBOUT2 wasn’t even reviewed, let alone nominated for anything.

EDIT: I noticed all the winners were from German companies, so makes sense why other AAA games on consoles in different genres didn’t get mentioned. Not that many German studios working on console games.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 19 December 2015 12:01 PM

“Voters: 43. You have already voted on this poll”. How do you see what did you vote for? Confused

EDIT: I probably misunderstood.  Meh Your vote is in italic once you’re logged in.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

But I did log in!!! What I missed is that my choice is in italic letters. Duh.

No, wait, they’re not dead (Adventure Games)

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Second time you’ve revived that thread. Smile

Well spotted. I forgot about that.
Edit: I beat Adventurerere by 10 minutes.

that’s an impressive X-mas outfit, Mr Z.

Thank you, I got it courtesy of the ATP.

diego - 19 December 2015 12:01 PM

This one works for me.

Gracias.

De nada, muchacho!
P.S. (in a strong Mexican accent) I kill people for money, but you are my friend - I’ll kill you for nothing.

P.P.S.:

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2005-06-14

PM

Saw a boxed version of this for PS4 in CEX, didn’t even know such things existed!

He gave me a cold, shocked stare as if I’d farted at a funeral.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

No, wait, they’re not dead (Adventure Games).

Still seems right. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top