• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 16 December

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Since there is only a few days to Christmas, I thought I would make a little cavalcade of games with a Christmas theme, and what better game to start with than this little pearl called Oknytt?

In a previous midweek puzzle I featured Keepsake and talked about being able to manipulate the weather, and as Sefir noted, Oknytt does this to a much greater extend. If you look closely at the screenshot, you might be able to make out 4 runes, fire, water, air and earth.

Sometimes clicking these will only have a small effect, but at other times they have much larger and dramatical effects like summoning a thunder storm with lighting and everything. Often manipulating the weather or using the runes to manipulate your environment in this way, is a critical part of the puzzle solutions, but what I really love about this is that even when it isn’t, then it always have some effect, even if it is just summoning an earthworm that will slowly crawl across the screen Grin

By now some of you are probably thinking, “Yea, that is all very fine, but what has this got to do with Christmas?”, well, let me tell you what:

Oknytt is very much based on Scandinavian folklore, and some of the creatures you will meet in this game are especially linked to Christmas. In fact some of them plays the role of Santa’s little helpers in the Scandinavian Christmas traditions, and you should always remember to leave some rice pudding for them at Christmas, otherwise they will make trouble.

And NO, I’m not talking about the creature in the above screenshot, but instead of this (and others you will meet in the game) “Nisse”:

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks Iznogood for the description! I bought Oknytt in a sale earlier in the year along with a few other games most of which I just haven’t had time to play due to work commitments which I will eventually get around to playing. Your post has intrigued me so elevating the game to near the top of those to be played!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This game must have a cult following. I had never heard of it until it started showing up on the AGCPT voting lists. Looks like a game I might enjoy whenever I get a chance to put a new game on my to-do list. (I think something opens up in around mid-2019.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 16 December 2015 06:38 PM

This game must have a cult following.

I wouldn’t call it a cult, after all the robes are not mandatory, and we only meet once a month.

But it is a game that was overlooked by many when it was released, but pretty much everybody I know that have played it, has also loved it!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 16 December 2015 08:02 PM
rtrooney - 16 December 2015 06:38 PM

This game must have a cult following.

I wouldn’t call it a cult, after all the robes are not mandatory, and we only meet once a month.

But it is a game that was overlooked by many when it was released, but pretty much everybody I know that have played it, has also loved it!

I see what you’re doing!! You’re preparing the cult ground so that Oknytt wins the next playthrough voting! Well no, Sir, if Geoffroi Le Brun has anything to say about it! Smile

Also, how many thread logos do you need?! Geez.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top