• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 15 December

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Due to the worlwide craze and rave reviews that new Star Wars movie is currently getting, I’ll make an exception this time and feature Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom, one of the best and certainly, most expensive space game ever produced.

It certainly is a space combat simulator first, interactive movie second. But, more than any “hybrid” interactive movie before, it introduced something we’re very well accustomed to these days - the branching storyline, choices & consequences, other person’s attitude toward you (played by Mark Hamill) depending on what you do, all leading to different endings. On top of all, you’ve got an ensemble cast - not only “Luke Skywalker”, but also Malcolm McDowell, John Rhys-Davies and “Biff Tannen”. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Great game, much better in every respect than the mediocre WC3, and possibly even better than the brilliant WC2. McDowell had some really good scenes (Hamill not so much).

However, what does this have to do with adventure games??? Tongue

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Kurufinwe - 16 December 2015 08:07 AM

diego - 16 December 2015 06:53 AM

Due to the worlwide craze and rave reviews that new Star Wars movie is currently getting, I’ll make an exception this time [...]

Cute hatsie, diego.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Kurufinwe - 16 December 2015 08:07 AM

Hey, it’s a space shooting alright, but there’s still the interactive movie part! Grin

Karlok - 16 December 2015 08:41 AM

Cute hatsie, diego.  Cool

Thanks! You don’t think it’s too small to my head? Frown

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Calling it a hybrid is a bit of a stretch, to say the least, you might as well call every single game Bioware has ever made a hybrid (but who am I to judge, I featured a mmorpg myself).

But it is one of the best space-combat games ever made!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 16 December 2015 06:51 PM

Calling it a hybrid

Where did I call it a hybrid adventure?! Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

But, more than any “hybrid” interactive movie before

Not to mention, that the headline is “HYBRID TUESDAY” Tongue

And where did I say that you had called it a “hybrid-adventure”?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 16 December 2015 07:01 PM

But, more than any “hybrid” interactive movie before

Oh, it’s an interactive movie alright:

and even more than Wing Commander III Wink

Not to mention, that the headline is “HYBRID TUESDAY” Tongue

Yes?! Hybrid TUESDAY!! Not Hybrid Adventure! Crazy

And where did I say that you had called it a “hybrid-adventure”?

Oh, sorry. Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I will still say it is a stretch, even if it isn’t you who are doing the stretching!

BTW did you know that they also made an actual movie - But I guess the less said about that, the better.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Iznogood - 16 December 2015 07:45 PM

I will still say it is a stretch, even if it isn’t you who are doing the stretching!

BTW did you know that they also made an actual movie - But I guess the less said about that, the better.

Yeah that movie is up there with Super Mario Bros and the Doom movies as some of the worst movies I’ve ever seen.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Iznogood - 16 December 2015 07:45 PM

Freddy Prinze Jr is terrible in that but really good in Mass Effect 3 (another wonderful E.A. owned space opera) so everything comes full circle.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I tried the Wing Commander pack from GOG a while ago because I like interactive movies, but the space combat was torture. It felt like being inside a washing machine. I would have liked to see the movie scenes and story from the later games but in the end the punishment wasn’t worth it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top