• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 14 December

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Merry Christmas Alfred Robbins

OK, so it isn’t quite Christmas yet, but our tree went up over the weekend and the constant slew of adverts reminding us what modern Chri$tma$ really mean$ nowaday$ (apparently) hasn’t been enough to get me out of the Christmas mood. Laughing

However, if you’re expecting Christmas cheer, mulled wine, expensive presents, or even Immanuel in a manger, this game isn’t going to be for you.

It’s Christmas Eve and Alfred Robbins gets home from work late after enforced overtime. Times have been tough for the whole family and there is barely a Christmas decoration in sight beyond the bear Christmas Tree. Can the weary Alfred save Christmas for his family?

Without wishing to give anything away, this is not a game with a happy ending. The background music is haunting and left me expecting the worst without quite knowing exactly what the worst would be…

Graphically, the game is simple but pleasant enough. The interface is a bit of a pain when it comes to inventory objects, but is otherwise a nice one-click job. The background music is lovely. The puzzles are a little variable but generally OK.

Where this game soars is in the atmosphere. I don’t think I have ever played another game that felt like this, so forlorn and depressing, so representative of that feeling of the hopelessness of a man or family trapped in a tough life. It’s a strange feel for an adventure game!

Overall, this is an emotionally affecting game which is quite short, but leaves a mark. Not one for Christmas cheer and definitely won’t be for everyone, but well worth an hour of your time if you’re in the mood for this sort of thing.

Please do comment if you’ve played, I’d love to hear what you thought!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I like the look of the art-work & the description of the game appeals, also it’s always good to know roughly how long it takes to play as many of these short Freeware games are great for a nice ‘chunky’ AG experience when you don’t have a lot of time to play!  Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top