• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 13 December

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I miss funny people like Eric Idle taking part in an adventure game, I miss funny groups like Monty Python making adventure games, and I miss British humor (Steve Ince, hear that?! Smile ). I miss adventure games like Discworld II, but I guess we should look at the bright side of the current state of the genre. What do you say, Karlok? Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Shhh… am I allowed to reply…? I forgot if it was only even days or uneven days.

Yeah, I miss games like Discworld I and II too. Not enough humorous adventure games being published these days. At least not commercial ones.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I actually played Discworld as a kid before reading the novels. I was kind of lost and was a bit disappointed after reading amazing reviews. Then I grew up, read the novels (loved Mort, Carpe Equal Rites and Carpe Jugulum) and then played the game again and loved it. We need more games like this and the first Simon the sorcerers.

Oh and I miss good British comedies… Haven’t seen any great recent movies :-(

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Meh. I thought Discworld I and II had their moments, but they relied far too much on repeating the same joke 10 times in a row until your brain gave up and found it vaguely funny.

Come to think of it, that could also describe 90% of Monty Python humour, which I don’t care all that much for either. (If we’re talking classic British comedy, Blackadder is where it’s at, as far as I’m concerned.)

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Oi!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m in favour of more British humour in games! Especially the absurd Monty Python stuff or the high-brow Stephen Fry stuff.
Not so much the hit-and-miss Little Britain-type stuff.

More Discworld AGs or Eric Idle voice-overs would be very welcome, imo. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

giom - 13 December 2015 10:03 PM

Oh and I miss good British comedies… Haven’t seen any great recent movies :-(

I always thought British are better at TV shows than movies. Now, Spanish and French are good at movies, but not so at comedy (Stereotypical much? Grin ).

Kurufinwe - 14 December 2015 04:47 AM

If we’re talking classic British comedy, Blackadder is where it’s at, as far as I’m concerned.

Amen. Though Monty Python had a much bigger opus than Blackadder 4 seasons, and it’s easier to fall into hit&miss; territory that way. Still, The Holy Grail, Life of Brian… are pure comedy gold.

zobraks - 14 December 2015 06:19 AM

Oi!

Oink? Sarcastic

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2015-12-13

PM

Those colours are so pleasant to the eyes, it would be fantastic if some would pick up the license for the Discworld novels. They seem like such a pairing with adventure games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top