• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 4 December

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

The opening cut scene in Sacra Terra - Angelic Night shows a gurney being wheeled down a corridor. Then, once the protagonist arrives at his hospital room, we are confronted with some nightmarish scenes, apparently coming from the mind of the protagonist. Once those end and the camera backs off, we see that our protagonist is strapped to the gurney. The immediate thought is that this may not be a hospital after all. A prison perhaps? Maybe a mental asylum?

At that point a guardian angel appears and, using a feather as a scalpel, cuts the protagonist’s bonds. The game begins.

If all this sounds like the game F.A.C.E.S., you are right. But while there may be similarities, this is entirely different. The above screenshot shows part of the campus of what turns out to be a medical school of sorts. The building on the right is a cathedral. So, while this may be a school, it is one with religious underpinnings, which may or may not be a good thing.

You can also see from the screenshot that this is a very large environment. While I have described other game environments (including F.A.C.E.S.) as being “tight”, that is hardly the case here. The location is vast.

The game’s basic premise is that the school’s founders engaged in a religious ritual in hopes of advancing medical science. The ritual did not go as planned. Somehow the physical embodiment of the Seven Deadly Sins were released. Strangely, they remained confined within the school’s boundaries. Your task is to defeat them, using the tools you will uncover during your quest.

Like other games of this era, (it was released in late 2010,) there are a few too many hidden object scenes for my taste. Plus, they are fairly difficult. If you play in casual mode though, the hint screen refreshes rapidly. The graphics are very good, and the music is appropriate to the scene, even if it becomes a bit repetitive.

I think it’s safe to say that if you ever find yourself in need of a hospital, you hope the ambulance doesn’t stop here.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The game seems interesting Tim & every now & then I don’t mind HO screens abounding!  Smile

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

chrissie - 05 December 2015 02:12 PM

The game seems interesting Tim & every now & then I don’t mind HO screens abounding!  Smile

I know. They don’t bother me that much. But I like current games more. If only because HO scenes have been reduced in number, and those that remain have much more variety.

It’s kind of like the side discussion going on in Iz’s Wednesday AGSotD post. Everybody looking back now hates the 3D character rendering in GK3. But we really didn’t hate it at the time because everyone else’s games looked just as bad. I didn’t hate the HO scenes in 2010 because everybody was doing the same thing.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top