• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 3 December

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Despite the uninviting title, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure (Wii) is a great adventure. It’s a point and click adventure kind of like the old Gobliiins classic games. You have to find a treasure in each level and discover what kind on interactions you can achieve in each screen. t also features the traditional Wii remote waggling is there but most of it is used in a fun way.
I never actually finished because I founf the last level to be extremely tedious with some timed events and randomness of interactions resulting in multiple deaths. But until there it’s well worth digging it out. The game is being released this month in the Wii-U Virtual Console, at least in Europe.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

This one was one of the first games I played on the Wii, and what a wonderful little gem it was. It made good use of the Wii-mote, and seemed like a prelude of what Wii games will be like. Unfortunately, the Wii ended up (at least from a third party perspective) becoming a place for 3rd party shovelware, and not not a place for quality games like Zak & Wiki.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Does anyone remember the time when the Wii was going to change adventure gaming forever?

(This post started off as snarky, but now I’m genuinely wondering why it didn’t happen, when, say, the DS left a big mark on the genre.)

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 03 December 2015 12:32 PM

Despite the uninviting title graphics…

Fixed. Smile Really, looking at the screenshots like this, or this, it screams “casual”, pre-teen fun. Smile But I’ve heard so many good things about it, that I’m sure it’s one of those don’t judge too quickly things. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Fixed the image since it was cropped

Kurufinwe - 03 December 2015 03:17 PM

Does anyone remember the time when the Wii was going to change adventure gaming forever?

(This post started off as snarky, but now I’m genuinely wondering why it didn’t happen, when, say, the DS left a big mark on the genre.)

My guess was that sales were just too low. Good games (like this one) made specifically for the Wii bombed and they were probably a lot more expensive than a game like Phoenix Wright that did well on the DS. Publishers just stopped trying…
Telltale released some games but when games that would probably be a good fit like the Walking Dead arrived the Wii was already on the way out.
Wii sold a lot but attach rate was terrible. People bought for the Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Wii Play experience and not much else.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 03 December 2015 03:25 PM
wilco - 03 December 2015 12:32 PM

Despite the uninviting title graphics…

Fixed. Smile Really, looking at the screenshots like this, or this, it screams “casual”, pre-teen fun. Smile But I’ve heard so many good things about it, that I’m sure it’s one of those don’t judge too quickly things. Grin

It doesn’t look that bad, looks like a Saturday Morning Cartoon, awesome side characters:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top