• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 17 November

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Cave is an OK game. I mean, people are complaining about the story, repetitive elements & backtracking… though my biggest concern when it comes to these kind of games (with platforming elements) is that the interaction with the main character is smooth - you know, how responsive is he/she to your input (for that reason Aladdin is still a perfect choice). And it sucked in The Cave, especially jumping along with a choppy framerate whenever the screen pans.

But The Cave is an ambitious kind of game. It definitely tried a unique concept, in bringing The Braid, The Lost Vikings… to the adventure audience, and I’d be glad if Ron Gilbert had opportunity to further shape his ideas from this game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The excellent narrating voice from the Cave is certainly worth mentioning! I also liked the cute graphics, the diversity of the characters and their storylines. Not extraordinary, but a good game nonetheless….

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I actually really enjoyed The Cave. It had the signature Ron Gilbert dark humor and choose one out of multiple characters. This provided for replayability, as each character had their own level in the cave.
The only drag was having to replay some “common sections” to get to the character specific sections, and since there are 7 characters, you had to at least replay the common sections twice. My favorite level was the time-traveller’s as it provided for some nice puzzles, and reminded me a little of DOTT.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I wasn’t really a huge fan of The Cave.
I enjoyed playing it, but I never bothered to make a second playthrough to try out some of the other classes.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top