• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 16 November

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Murder in a Wheel

This is a lovely little game in the LucasArts mould, with the familiar control scheme and vaguely DOTT style quirky graphics, and man do they look good!

You play as Lionel Ulmer, a budding investigator currently working as a pizza delivery boy, who has somehow been invited to a dinner party at the Mansion of Lord & Lady Blackwin, along with parapsychologist and long term friend of the Blackwin’s, Dr Hadley.

In true Agatha Christie style, a dinner party at a mansion can mean only one thing - Murder! However, in true wacky comedy style, the victim is not one of the guests but Lady Blackwin’s Hamster, Roderick.

You are therefore tasked with the investigation of this heinous crime in which guests, the maid and even the family cat all come under suspicion! I can’t answer for everyone who played the game but I was kept guessing until the end as to the identity of the murderer.

The game was originally made in German but the translation into English is a good one, with only one or two points where the language is a little “off”, but never to a serious extent.

The story is amusing and the puzzles are generally good, to the extent that the game picked up the AGS award for Best Short Game of 2007.

One quick word of advice if you’re going to play it though. The game’s default language is German, so if your German is as rusty as mine, ensure you run the “setup” program first and select the English translation!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I had a lot of fun with this one. The developer also did another one called Mental Repairs Inc. which is also quite fun.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow, what a funny game! Grin I’m playing it right now, and I just love how they make fun of characters speaking about other characters in the same room, which is a staple of adventure games!

I’ve just succeeded at proving the cat’s innocence! Well, that was a neat puzzle!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top