• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 14 November

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Paris in the fall. The last months of the year, and the end of the millennium. The city holds many memories for me. Of cafés, of music, of love… and of death. Frown Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Very fitting for what happened last night. So sad Frown

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

yes, very fitting.  This is so very sad.  My heart goes out to all of Paris.

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Embarassed

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Yes, fitting. Terrible what happened yesterday. I have a friend who lives nearby Boulevard Voltaire and I was worried.

Total Posts: 5592

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s an appropriate tribute for such a horrific event, Diego.  My heart goes out to all the family and friends of the victims.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2988

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Very fitting choice diego. What happened yesterday was terrible. It was a tragedy. Frown
I don’t like Broken Sword in general, but in the wake of the yesterday’s event, I almost cried at the sight of that screen.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I just love the beginning of that game diego & the rest of it too despite having put it aside initially being put off by too much dialogue to start with. It wasn’t until a few months later when I persevered enough I found a game (my 1st AG) that fired me up enough to play the hundreds of games I’ve played since & accumulate the stack of 50++++ waiting in the wings!

In the game there is a motive (unjustified or not) for the murder within the context of the game but it’s fiction & sadly in real life the murder of way over a hundred INNOCENT people has no justification in the name of any cause whatsoever - WHY? & to prove & achieve what? I’m so sorry for the victims that have lost their lives & the heartbreak of that loss to their families & friends.      Heart

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I think, with the events in Paris in mind, that this is now a very fitting reply:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Not to turn this political, but as much as I hate ISIS, I think something should have been done about them way before this happened. This so called caliphate has been enslaving women and cutting heads in Syria and Iraq for quite some time now, and just last year, they had several car bombs in Lebanon. The response of the world has been tepid to say the least, and with the Russian plane downed in Egypt, and the 2 suicide bombs that claimed 40 people and injured 230 in Lebanon, the writing was on the wall that this organization is too close to home. Now with the Paris massacre, it’s time to once and for all eradicate this plague.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top