• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Carles

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 12 November

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (DS, iOS) - the game where the ending is just the beginning. At first it was strange to see the game end without any kind of resolution, but after a couple of playthroughs everything starts to make sense and minds are blown…
This is from part of an ending that apparently it’s exclusive to the iOS version, I never knew this exclusive ending existed until recently. A flowchart aws also added to this version that makes it more practical. Still don’t recomend it unless it’s really the only one you can play because they took out the puzzles.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 12 November 2015 02:38 PM

Still don’t recomend it unless it’s really the only one you can play because they took out the puzzles.

Wait, what? WHY? The nice blend between visual novel and escape-the-room sequences was half the appeal!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 12 November 2015 03:26 PM
wilco - 12 November 2015 02:38 PM

Still don’t recomend it unless it’s really the only one you can play because they took out the puzzles.

Wait, what? WHY? The nice blend between visual novel and escape-the-room sequences was half the appeal!

Yes, they took it out, don’t know why, maybe they couldn’t port the gameplay to iOS. At least the name is changed - 999: The Novel. It loses a lot, not just because of the puzzles but some of them were part of the story, specially on the true ending.
But someone that wants to play it,  and get hold of the DS version, before the sequels this will probably not be a bad way to get into the story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top