• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Saturday, 7 November

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Following the new trailer for Warcraft movie, I wondered how many and what adventure games are similar to it, and came to a shocking conclusion that there’s next to NONE games set in a high fantasy like that of the Warcraft world, and that it’s mostly reserved for RPG games! Then, the obvious choice was The Book of Unwritten Tales, both a parody and a clever tribute to epic fantasy works. What can I say - whenever I felt down and blue about adventure genre in general about 5-6 years ago, I remembered there’s a game like TBOUT. And if I felt the same in the recent years, I knew there’s The Book Of Unwritten Tales 2.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 07 November 2015 09:49 AM

I wondered how many and what adventure games are similar to it, and came to a shocking conclusion that there’s next to NONE games set in a high fantasy like that of the Warcraft world, and that it’s mostly reserved for RPG games!

Well, Simon the Sorcerer, King’s Quest, Death Gate, Quest for Infamy, etc are as high fantasy (or even more) as the Warcraft world of Azeroth.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 08 November 2015 03:39 AM

Well, Simon the Soecerer, King’s Quest, Death Gate, Quest for Infamy, etc are as high fantasy (or even more) as the Warcraft world of Azeroth.

Yeah, though I was aiming at the Lord of the Rings and Warcraft-like worlds that are similar to movies, with a slightly more “serious” tone. You know, kind of game Warcraft adventure was going to be. Death Gate might suit it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top