• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 22 October

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Marty, we have to go back! Back to the Future day is already in the past and the 30th anniversary of the film was an excuse for everybody to try to squeeze a few more bucks from the classic film until the eventual Hollywood remake in the future. Telltale didn’t want to be left behind they so released a new version of their game to the PS4, Xbone and X360 - Back to the Future : The Game - 30th Anniversary Edition.
New stuff includes a very short behind the scenes video, better graphics for the consoles but also updated voice work from Biff Tannen’s original movie actor, Tom Wilson. Great Scott!

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

My favorite game from TellTale. It has its shortcomings but it’s very faithful to the original and I really felt nostalgic when playing it.

I wish they would release a sequel but I don’t hold my breath.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

To me, the game marked the “switch” in Telltale “philosophy”, although some things were clear even with Tales of Monkey Island. What I mean, is a much more accented “hand-holding” compared to Sam&Max; for example, and attention to storytelling. Both ways have its audience, but I was so “disappointed” that I left the series unfinished. A perfect example is a tape recorder puzzle, where the game automatically chooses which line to record. I’m sure that the Telltale of “old days” would at least give the player an opportunity to choose which line is crucial for a puzzle. Because, without that, there is really no puzzle.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 22 October 2015 03:49 PM

To me, the game marked the “switch” in Telltale “philosophy”...

Yeah I agree. This game was really the end of the old Telltale, which I loved, and the beginning of the Telltale that we have today. Not as such a horrible game, but very different from their previous games.

I also remember reading some of the discussions on their forum at the time, and there was a lot of disappointed fans, both “former” Telltale fans and BTtF fans that was very vocal about their disappointment.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Diego -
To me, the game marked the “switch” in Telltale “philosophy”, although some things were clear even with Tales of Monkey Island. -

great point here, i alwayz wanted to point it, bring it all once and for all against ttg if intensely or brutally ; from MOPoV,  and as me always been biased against ttg, or maybe truly i am an offciaìl ttg hater, tho i never dared to make a thread on its own for this kind of &$#@! and even if so, what would have i titled it ‘ttg haters? . hahah…. ; )

BUT anyways, that doesn mean i am/was a ttg ignorant; otherwise i am a ttg follower who played all their adventure* games since their start   ( been after their reviews,  news, discussions and forums threads as i can).

I watched how they stepped over many dead bodies of our adventurous heroes or forgotten IPs, and then as they were done with them, reached over a 2nd target, of those of more iconic commercial games;  more globally regonized, cherished and remembered over by a greater level of ‘multimedia media’ fans (not necessarily adventurous) that was of the time of current/on-going (scene of an IP) as BTtF

whats killing me is how most denies that the 1st 2-3 approaches of ttg toward squeezing its name into the adventure gaming industry and therefore using them while sucking dry any as they are at their disposable, wasn’t more than a starting point be done without that kinda of loyalty toward the genre (our genre but damn not their’s)or whatsoever, only the ability that should be needed to to get hold of its resources and draw in fans who would think (with Guybrush, Sam and Max are being brought into the light) ttg is the resurrecter that is to bring the so called dead genre with its major icons walking in front of their eyes again, .
  all was fooled and happy seeing Guybrush or S&M (me tooo like anyone else at the time) but yeah..  foolishly happy with no idea of the company real intuition and attention of only using us and anything that comes for their privilege (didnt matter what, if it was any genre to get them where they are right now) and who else but us; who else but the Adventure gamers whom all are more sentimental that all the players of the other genres put together and always dead serious about playing ! and at the end there goes nuthin “thanks all for the support, we dont need no more anything”.

I think they declared those adventurous heroes they used. dead again, but this time is for ever (along with their firstly fans dreams whom/which were starting to imagine the possible resurrection of long lists of dead adventures IPs/heroes from the genre classic day) and before we knew it, and after squeezing the last possible dime out of it, gaining this unbelievable unworthy adventure developer badge!, i have no idea why they are still holding to it, or why the mainstream’ or even adventuring sites believe ttg to be an adventure game developing company!!? and its not me just saying it, Tim Schafer even had said it too at his last interview.

i would hold my grudge back forever ,even support them if they (or it was declared that ttg are not developing adventures! ‘anymore’
but with the most odd statues of them still belonging to the genre, and financially winning of all the early classics, even more than their IP holders ever made!

and that’s not all, i need to not forget to mention again their impact of certain IPs, that they took em from one side, and brought them worn-out from another, for their only own fkn selfish sake, nothing added to their-called-genre, or ours, only the worst;  2 great amazing lucasarts IPs such as MI & S&M more dead than ever, to be ever dealt with again, not by them or even by any other kind of developers…  ever.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top