• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 27 September

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jack Keane is a game that is reasonably long, interesting right from the start, though if you look deeper you’ll probably think that the side characters (even the two main ones) could be more layered. Still, it’s an underrated, relaxing game that features all the little ingredients needed for a good adventure. Too bad the sequel sucked monkey balls.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I really enjoyed the first Jack Keane too but wasn’t too crazy about the sequel.  That is too bad too as I really had high hopes for the 2nd game.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jack Keane was a light “Monkey Island meets Indiana Jones” kind of game. Nothing overly special, but very likeable.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I liked the game Laughing I haven’t tried the sequel.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 27 September 2015 03:29 PM

I haven’t tried the sequel.

Me neither, but with the reviews it got, I don’t think I want to try it… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 27 September 2015 07:34 AM

Too bad the sequel sucked monkey balls.

Jack Keane 2 is imo not really that much worse than the first game. It is a bit more .. eh .. German in its humour, and has a (Telltale) Back to the Future like chase sequence. But it is in many ways also very similar to the first game in both style, humour and gameplay, and has a couple of good scenes.

Mind you, I was never really a big fan of the first game, so this doesn’t mean that I think the sequel is a great game, just that it is only slightly worse than the first.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top