• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday, 22 September

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I played Redjack: Revenge of the Brethren 16-17 years ago!!! You see, that’s around the same age as Nick Dove, our young hero who doesn’t want to become a pirate, but still becomes involved in the grand sea adventure, sailing on the trace of a legendary pirate Redjack, who was once betrayed by one of his own Brethrens!

First of all, this is not a “hybrid” adventure at all. It’s an adventure game, where you need to stop for a moment here and there, and do the swordfighting, canon or musket shooting. Smile Because the difficulty was emphasized on these action sequences, it was still sold labeled as “action”, even on it’s own cover! Beside these, it’s a “way more obscure than it should” adventure, not perhaps because of its quality (everyone says it’s easy and short, but I wasn’t under that impression, perhaps it’s time for another gameplay), but because of the whole concept - graphics were almost groundbreaking for the time, with nods + free 3D view with rendered surroundings, serious and dark pirate tone opposed to Monkey Island (even though it’s still humorous) and characters (dialogs are a major part of the game, same story like 2 other games from the same developer Titanic: Adventure Out of Time and Dust: A Tale of the Wired West) that are designed in an interesting comical way that resemble in style those from Rent-a-Hero.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I bought the game years ago, but the action comments put me off playing it.  I remember the sword and fist fights in Titanic: Adventure Out of Time, which were doable for me.  How do they compare with those in Redjack?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

LadyK, the action scenes were too much for me, but, my then-17-year-old played the game and finished it and really enjoyed it. but, he enjoyed the action parts.  I remember there were a few areas where he got frustrated but it had lots of adventure in it too.  If you can get it running, definitely give it a try.  I tried it, but, am not very fast so I gave up rather quickly.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top