• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Sunday, 20 September

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Screw everything, A Vampyre Story is a great game! Yeah, it’s not the funniest, the most original, the longest… (heck it’s not even finished!) game, but so what?! It’s got STYLE! At no point during the development process did the authors doubt themselves: Will this game suck?! No, they told their story from beginning to en.. (well, from beginning to a cliffhanger), introduced the whiny-voiced protagonist and wisecracking bat, and even if you find the game average you’ll only attach to them more and more as the game progresses.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I really enjoyed this game.  I sure didn’t find it very easy though!  I have a replay of it going that I started about 2 months ago.  Maybe I should continue that.  I can’t say that I am very fond of Monica’s (is that her name?) voice though.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also quite liked A Vampyre Story, though I must confess that of the two games made by Autumn Moon, I think that Ghost Pirates is slightly better.

I have also given up hope that we will ever see the 2nd half of Vampyre.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I, also, really liked this game. That fact that I was aware that the planned sequel didn’t exist made the ending all the more disappointing. I hoped that maybe there was a patch, or something, that changed just enough of the ending to make it palatable.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zoe Sunday morning,
/

On topic: I loved VS, but i remember once i replayed, i caught the main theme of puzzling over small areas and locations, i thought it was overdone.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The first time I started the game when it was brand new and I didn’t really get into it. I wasn’t really on an adventure game phase anyway. So I abandoned the game at first chapter (it was a demo or a “demo” anyway).

Later on I grabbed it with a discount price and joined the community playthrough, and found the game quite good actually. My final score was 4-.
It’s funny and rich and has a lot of great memorable moments, but yeah, it wasn’t perfect. Very nice experience anyway.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I really liked playing the game.  I enjoyed the puzzles, the silliness and often bad puns, the characters, and the colorful graphics.  I’d play the sequel in a heartbeat.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

AVS was indeed not perfect, but it’s a good, funny and overall very solid game, and it’s a shame we will probably never see the story completed…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Combo Breaker!

I didn’t finish the CP and when I tried to play it again it didn’t grab me, the game looked good but didn’t like much else.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 20 September 2015 04:15 PM

Combo Breaker!

Meh, with the points we accumulated with our combo, we still win. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I have some very nice games playing this game, both from my original play and my replays (including the AGCP). While the humour isn’t always on the spot (it irked me many times), it had nice riddles, intriguing characters with very good voice casting, an intresting inventory system and of course Bill Tiller’s excellent graphics. Still looking for the 2nd part…. Frown

EDIT: “Cartoon” though????

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really loved the game & was so disappointed that although it concluded to a point we haven’t so far got to play the rest of Mona’s story as I really got to like her. If the game had been completed with the next episode I might have felt differently but in that absence I have to agree with Izno in that Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island is better!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 20 September 2015 04:17 PM
wilco - 20 September 2015 04:15 PM

Combo Breaker!

Meh, with the points we accumulated with our combo, we still win. Tongue

hey watch out.
Double ‘Combo’ cheese burger, here. Tongue

Chrissie , Izno; i thought of this as a match before, but thought VS would win by far, now i am sure there are at least 3 voters to GPoVI.
not sure if is it a good subject, tho .

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top