• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday, 9 September

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The master of riddles warming up. This is very first riddle from the first game of the series Professor Layton and the Curious Village (DS).
As much as Nintendo liked to talk about expanding their audience I think the Professor Layton games from Level 5 was the series that was more successful in it. I think it was the mixture of familiar riddle solving with the european style animation and sweet stories. The series is dead now, probably because Level 5 can’t handle successful franchises and just milk it until nobody cares…

Bonus classic Layton Penny Arcade comic

PS - Midweek puzzle is coming tomorrow, I asked for a switch

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, as for expanding Nintendo’s audience, the Wii turned out to be their ultimate tool. We’ve probably hit critical mass now, though, with the only exception being smartphone games. Meh

As for the Layton games, one of the main drawing points was also the high production values. Few games had had as many voiced cutscenes on the DS as the first Layton game, and the game certainly had a lot of charm.
Plus it’s one of the few games I can remember on the DS that ran commercials on TV here…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top