• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday 25 August 2015

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I never understood why people don’t talk more of 80 Days. The game where you can ride camels, elephants, fly on magic carpets, drive cars, boats, train, flying ships and even THIS thing (and it never seriously crossed out of “adventure game boundaries”), surely deserves some talk?

Oh, yeah, the saving system is the worst ever presented in games. For what it’s worth, there’re 3 difficulty modes to choose - Tourist, Globetrotter and Adventurer. Ironically, the Tourist is the most “adventurey”, as it removes time challenges and day/night cycle (until you’re finished with current goals), and you (almost) don’t need to worry about money. Puzzles are, perhaps, nothing to write home about (ain’t it appropriate for a game like 80 Days? Wink ), but they’re not bad as well, and varied - inventory, logic puzzles… and “your-favorite” mini-games. As for the story, it might not be rich as the gameworld itself, but still not the worst Jules Verne adaption you’ve ever seen. Oh yeah, definitely an underrated title. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 25 August 2015 06:41 AM

I never understood why people don’t talk more of 80 Days.

Perhaps because they didn’t play it.

Why is it so?
Don’t know about the others, but the screaming colo(u)rs/the gaudy graphics did the trick for me. This game is almost as flamboyant & eye-damaging as Heaven (2009) .

I always expect Barbie (not Klaus the Nazi, the pretty girl) to jump from around the corner when I look at the 80 Days screenshots.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I thought this game would be far more interesting & fun than I found it - I really wanted to like it but it is one of the handful of games that I just thought ‘that’s it, I’ve had enough now’ in this one after finishing the Cairo section & boarding the train. That was a few years ago so I really can’t remember exactly what put me off except for not really being engaged by the story or game play.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top