• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 24 August 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

A Date in the Park

The 1st of 2 Freeware games I’m presenting while Intense Degree’s away, in this one (which takes about an hour at the most to play) the story starts with romantic Lou, who has just moved from London to Lisbon, making his way to a rendezvous point in a park for a date with Catarina the ‘woman of his dreams’ whom he’d met the night before. 

Initially the game involves exploring the park with little to do before it becomes apparent that Catarina is indulging Lou’s love of mystery by leaving a trail of clues in order to find her which eventually lead to a very abrupt & unexpected ending. 
There is no voicing or background music in the game but enough pleasing sound effects such as bird tweeting, ducks quacking & water gushing to give the sense of walking through a beautiful serene if isolated location on a hot sunny day.

When I 1st played it earlier this year, as much as I loved the concept of the game, I thought the content insubstantial & found wandering around the park tedious after a while despite its odd atmosphere. 
However on a recent replay, following comments on another forum, the game does make a lot more sense if you look up the few mythological references & it then made me appreciate the sheer brilliance of the story. There’s also possibly more to be gleaned, or a different angle to be had if you translate the dialogue spoken in Portuguese by a couple of the characters you encounter.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

You have made me very curious. I just downloaded it. Onward to who/whatever is lurking in the park.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game set in Lisbon? Portuguese? Interesting…
Good thing about these freeware is that you can always play it if you’re interested

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If I only knew of this title when I was making the FMV quiz… Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top