• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday, 21 August

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

Lost Lands - The Four Horsemen provides the screenshot for today. It’s a portal game, but, unlike others, all the action takes place within one contiguous arena. Although the arena is made up of multiple locations, and multiple layers within those locations. Think of the United States as the arena, with the Midwest being a location, Chicago is a layer with Lincoln Park Zoo being a sub-layer and the lion house being a sub-sub layer. There is an interactive map to help guide you through this. You would be wise to master the map, as you will get lost without it.

The four horsemen are not unlike the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, except they are represented by Fire, Earth, Wind and Water. Still, they must all be defeated. Each horseman controls one of the locations within the arena.

I think the graphics, music and effects are very good. Voice acting is above average. The story is also quite good, although a few of the six story sections are more polished than others.

I played the SE version of the game. The ending was extraordinarily abrupt. It did, however, come to a satisfying conclusion, and I didn’t feel there was a need for additional material. I have thoughts as to what the bonus material might contain, But I’ll never know unless I track down the playthrough on YouTube.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

That’s a very pretty sky to look at! Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played some of the demo and the game looks good. It’s high on my to-be-played list.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’ve played it and it’s an excellent game.  The CE version has a good deal of play and is worth it.  You play as one of the other most interesting characters.

This spoiler is only for Tim since I’ve yet to find a walkthrough for the CE parts of games I’ve played.  Others don’t read in case it’s chosen for the Casual Playthrough:

You play as the dwarf and it’s about how he came to save our heroine.

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

a

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top