• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 10 August

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The Bum

This really is a little gem from 2013.

You play a homeless man who communicates with the world around him via a sock puppet (well… basically just a sock) on his hand. He doesn’t have much in life, but when a bully comes and punctures his football the time has come to take action and right some wrongs in his life!

The game looks great, in a simple but clean style, with a good amount of animations. It’s funny in a whacky off-beat way with a few football jokes in there too. The characters are pretty cool, including a memorable local superhero, and there are certainly a few smiles and laughs along the way. Puzzles are fairly traditional and the “sock puppet” interface keeps things interesting too. On the whole it has that “golden age” feel to it, controlling like Sierra but feeling like Lucasarts.

There are one or two slight down sides, in that the dialogue can be a bit long here and there - if the humour isn’t for you that is - and there is a little pixel hunting involved at one point.

I replayed this recently and it has been updated with a new soundtrack. I’m actually not sure whether this is an improvement or not, as the old sounds were simple but effective. Nothing to complain about though, the new sound track is fine.

If you’re up for a couple of hours adventuring in a whacky, surreal and absurd world then I really can’t recommend this enough.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for posting that Intense Degree - I’ve been intrigued by the game since a screenshot was posted in the caption contest so I’m intending to give it a whirl sometime after I’ve caught with a few other games I need to catch up on!  Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I was really curious to find out whether the bald man is a superhero or a bully Grin so I downloaded it and gave it a whirl. Looks like a neat game, with a clever and “mature” comedy writing! Thumbs Up

My only complaint is the dreadful hot spot detector, you really need to nail it on the millimeter, but it’s never in the middle of the object.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hey, I remember this one. Cool
I didn’t play it, but I remember it getting mentioned here a few times and getting very favourable comments.

The concept sounds like an absurder version of The Beaver. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top