• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 27 July

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Infinity String

A great looking sci-fi game this time from Sektor 13. Somewhere in space in the past, two civilizations were at war. One of them discovered that the universe was bound together by small strings of energy, which might give them great power over their enemies. However, as ships were sent out to found research centres on random planets, the home planet was destroyed and the technology apparently lost.

Fast forward to the present, and a research scientist in Antarctica explores the ruins of one of these research centres with a team of others. Will the ruins turn out to be as empty and harmless as first appears? Of course not!

There are so many good things about this game. The graphics are lovely, the soundtrack is really good, the puzzles are challenging, the backstory and plot are interesting and involving, 2 different endings etc. There are one or two small downsides, such as the translation into English being a little bit patchy here and there (but perfectly understandable throughout) but to be honest I’m nit picking there.

This is the sort of game that I think divides people on the puzzle front. If you like your games easy to get through then you will probably be reaching for a walkthrough a fair bit. If you like super hard puzzles then you probably won’t understand what the fuss is all about. If you enjoy a challenge (and using plenty of inventory items Wink ) then this game is going to work for you pretty well.

I would easily recommend this to anyone who is into sci-fi games. But the locations are mixed enough that you don’t need to worry about spending all your time on space ships or in underground complexes (although there certainly is a fair bit of that sort of thing too) so it shouldn’t put you off if you’re not a sci-fi nut.

This is a long game with really impressive production values. If you really can’t stand the “pixel/retro” look then fair enough, but if you enjoy seeing graphics really well done regardless of style then you can’t help but find this game - particularly the backgrounds - beautiful. Yet another one that, had it been released 10-15 years earlier, I think would have a place alongside the “classics”.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Intense Degree - 27 July 2015 05:57 AM

If you like super hard puzzles then you probably won’t understand what the fuss is all about.

Hey that is me Wink add that I also love sci-fi, and you have just convinced me to download and give this one a try.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top