• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 24 July

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

Discussion of this game, Forbidden Secrets - Alien Town, came up in another thread. I think it had something to do with collectables. And in this case collecting morphing objects. There are forty of them in this game. And if you find them all you get….drum roll….Squat! Well you do get a message that congratulates you for finding them all. But that is a blood brother to Squat for me.

The game itself is quite good. Even though the game takes place somewhere in England, you can re-imagine it taking place in Roswell, NM.

The “Government” and its miltary couterpart have occupied the city where the game takes place. Something has gone wrong, and the miltary has left. All that is left of the city’s population is zombieland, but to another degree. Everyone is alive except they are in a catatonic state. *At least Zombies move!”

You, the protagonist, are sent in to find out what has happened. One of the things you discover is that some orphans mysteriously appeared, and they appear to be at the center of what is going on. Two of them appear outside the orphanage where they were left in the above screenshot.

There is an interesting plot twist at the end of the game that involves the protagonist’s parents. And it involves a life or death decision that cannot be undone. The fact that the final cut scene mirrors the opening ties the game up nicely without the need for extra-expense bonus material.

There were probably a few too many HO scenes. And the puzzles are relatively easy. But, like Italian Affair, this was an enjoyable game to play.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I thought I had played partway through this game, but it turns out I was mixing it up with another HO game—Top Secret Finders, where you also investigate an abandoned town with a dreadful secret.

There aren’t too many science-fiction-ish casual games out there, actually. I wonder why there aren’t.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 24 July 2015 08:35 AM

There aren’t too many science-fiction-ish casual games out there, actually. I wonder why there aren’t.

I think there are more of them than you think. But if the definition of science fiction is limited to aliens, space travel and the like, you’re right. There aren’t many.

But if you include time travel, (think Time Dreamer,) teleportation to past civilizations, (think 1000 Doors,) and Captain Nemo-ish adventures in the mix, then the list of science fiction-ish games becomes much larger.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

This was one of the first Casual Games I played.  I bought the CE version and enjoyed both the game and extra content very much.

I can also say the 1000 Doors series and Time Dreamer are very good too.

If you haven’t tried a Casual Game lately, they would be a great place to start.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Make sure you take a look at the Casual Playthrough Voting Thread, and vote if you see something you like.

I liked Time Dreamer, but much preferred its sequel, E.P.I.C. Wishmaster, which, unfortunately, is very difficult to find as the development company appears to be out of business, and BFG no longer sells the game.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Becky - 24 July 2015 08:35 AM

I thought I had played partway through this game, but it turns out I was mixing it up with another HO game—Top Secret Finders, where you also investigate an abandoned town with a dreadful secret.

I really liked both games although Top Secret Finders was marred (IMO) by way too many hidden object scenes. Great atmosphere though, both of them.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Tim, I never know whether I’ll have the time to join the Casual Playthrough so I don’t think it fair of me to express a preference.  If I do have the time I’m content to play whichever is the favorite.  Usually the choice is pretty good.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top