• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day -  Saturday, 18 July

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The biggest news of the week (to me personally) was that Matt Kempke’s What Makes You Tick? series has gone freeware, and with added voices. It’s needless to say, the quality of those games is what recommended Matt to Daedalic on his project The Night of the Rabbit.

It’s second on my “To-Do” Daedalic list (right after Memoria, since I’ve already finished Chains of Satinav). I heard great, I heard good, and I heard few bad things about it. I also loved “The Rabbit’s Apprentice” title more, but hey… A friend of mine, whom I believe says that TNOTR is Daedalic’s “best English localization yet”, that “the puzzles are with a little variety but much complexity to them”, and that “tempo” of the game is somewhat faster than it should be, leaving you always with the need to “upgrade to previous puzzle”, without much time to enjoy your own success. What say you?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4254

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I’ve played TNotR and enjoyed it very much. Didn’t finish it though.

P.S. My computer is down (and out), The Second Coming might be postponed for some time.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

A nice game overall. I consider it worse than Anna’s Quest, TWW or E&H but the soundtrack and graphics are great. Some memorable characters (loved the Marquis and the leprechaun) and very easy riddles. Perhaps easier than it should. The storyline was somewhat of a disappointment for me, especially near the end.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

My least favourite Daedalic game.
My main issues being that it is too childlike for may taste, has too many tedious tasks and feels very “stiff” (don’t know a better way to describe it).

But the worst that Daedalic makes is still better than the best from some other developers, so it is not a bad game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The 2nd best Daedelic game, behind Edna & Harvey. The things I liked were the Wind-in-the-Willows atmosphere, the crazy psychedelic parts of the story and the music.

The increased tempo is also a big plus, considering Daedelic games tend to move like a bike stuck in mud.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 18 July 2015 07:18 AM

A friend of mine, whom I believe says that TNOTR is Daedalic’s “best English localization yet”, that “the puzzles are with a little variety

Ahem*

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This game didn’t seem overly childlike to me—especially with the darker themes that surface near the end. I enjoyed the ending, and went back and played partway through the beginning of the game again with the knowledge that the ending brought.

The characters are memorable, and some have surprising depth for a game that doesn’t resort to overly long dialogs. I like it when characters surprise me as the story unfolds.

The puzzles were challenging enough to keep me engaged. When a game has strengths in its story and characters, plus unusual environments to explore, I don’t expect it to have terrifyingly difficult puzzles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top