• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#10 (Tales of Escape) 

Poll: EfMI vs ToMI
Total Votes: 18
Escape from Monkey Island
Tales of Monkey Island

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Escape from Monkey Island Wins!

Score for the record:-
Escape from Monkey Island :10
Tale of Monkey Island :08

————————————————-

I was gonna call this match ‘the best of the worst’, but seriously i was afraid that describing any of the series like that, could be inappropriate, and would backfire, instead of trying to find which was better than which, we might start defending them in a way to find excuses of the their cranky execution. i myself think that Monkey Island™ is the bread and butter of the genre, and i owe much gratitude from it, you may talk to some fellow who had never played an adventure, and it turns out he knows/heard about Monkey Island™.

Own opinions on the matter of - Escape from Monkey Island & Tales of Monkey Island - being the (least) of the series, are diffidently a match, from monitoring posts here and secondly recalling my feeling toward each; the disappointment i had after finishing each of them, due to the eventual comparison to predecessors, MI1-MI2 and MI3.

There is a factor here, that i am afraid of; the nostalgia or gratitude for old AGs, that could eliminate the subjectivity of the equation, and drives it to be more objective, to whichever someone feels toward one of the two competitors, but anyways these things are never controlled.

P.S: those ‘pair’ were Sefir’ idea.

Image Attachments

E_vs_T.jpg

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Escape is greatly underrated, but seeing as I haven’t played Tales yet, I can’t compare them.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Whenever Tales is brought up, all I can think about is that “Har Har Har” in the intro, before they got Earl Boen to voice LeChuck.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I quite liked Tales, but I’m still voting for Escape because .. well .. I think it is the better of the two!

Can’t really think of any good arguments for why it is better though.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I’m voting for Tales. It wasn’t a good game, but I did enjoy it more than Escape. I am still scarred by the: Monkey Kombat. Grin

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 13 July 2015 10:26 AM

I quite liked Tales, but I’m still voting for Escape because .. well .. I think it is the better of the two!

Can’t really think of any good arguments for why it is better though.

I think you might be irrationally unable to vote in anything Telltale. Tongue

I voted Tales, despite the game starting a bit slow in episode 3 it got brilliant and worthy of the first 3 games.
And like Soccerdude said… Monkey Kombat…

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Tales is superior to Escape in my books. It is a very good game. Not in the same level of the first 3 MI of course but still a very good game. It had better riddles, better control, better graphics (I’m not only talking about the Escape’s cranky models but about the art style as well), much better storyline and much better character development (LeChuck, Murray and most of all The Voodoo Lady) which is also presented by far superior dialog.
Escape had Ozzie. Great character, but that’s that. Oh and I consider it superior to Tales in the music department.

Advie - 13 July 2015 04:11 AM

I was gonna call this match ‘the best of the worst’, but seriously i was afraid that describing any of the series like that, could be inappropriate, and would backfire

Nah, they are indeed the worst of the MI series. No sane man will argue in that.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It’s seems we can not escape escape?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top