• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 9 July

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

P.T.  was a great a teaser/demo for Silent Hills and was one of the most unique surprises in the game industry. It announced and released for PS4 in last years Gamescom and was used to announce the new Silent Hill that would be a collaboration between Hideo Kojima/Guillermo Del Toro/ Norman Reedus. A little corny video was shown at the Sony conference with no mention of Silent Hill or the developer and the game was available to download the same day.
The game is a horror adventure set in one corridor in a house where a murder was commited. The player goes on in loops in the same corridor trying to find clues to finally get out of there. It was full with shocking moments like the lady in the picture jumping at the player, I had a hard time playing it at night with headphones… Smile The solution was incredibly hard, Kojima said later that he predicted it would take a week to crack it. I don’t think people are still sure what was needed to solve the final puzzle. Here is a little part of the walkthrough:

Everything must be attempted after the clock strikes midnight.
Players should have a microphone or headset plugged into their Dualshock 4 controller.
In order for the phone to ring, you must hear a baby laugh 3 times.
Walking exactly ten paces in any direction will trigger a laugh.
After the second laugh, FREEZE. Do not move, do not adjust the camera - after a few seconds your controller will begin to vibrate. Remain motionless until the vibrations cease entirely, and the third laugh will trigger.
The phone will begin to ring after all three laughs.

Of course, in the internet everything happens fast and some hours later someone already solved it and posted it online and the game community shocked that it was a new Silent Hill all along.
But the real horror story came later when Konami decided to cancel the development Silent Hills and to make things worse, take the PT demo from the PSN store making it impossible for anyone to play this now. Still, plenty of playthrough videos are available and I recommend at least checking it out to see one of the most genuinely scary game I’ve played.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I always FREEZE when I hear a baby laugh.  (Not.) Does the fact that no one can play this anymore make you treasure the memory more than you would otherwise?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Becky - 09 July 2015 05:56 AM

I always FREEZE when I hear a baby laugh.  (Not.) Does the fact that no one can play this anymore make you treasure the memory more than you would otherwise?

Probably, this way it reachs mythic proportion in years to come. But it was very different from everything available today. Copycats will probably arrive soon like that one already announced - Allison Road.
I had a little hope that the whole cancelling and erasing PT was another publicity stunt but I think that’s impossible now.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Hope is good. Thumbs Up I hope they bring access back to the players when everyone least expects it.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Saw the playthrough on YT, the graphics are great for a free 3D game… Imagine a full-fledged first-person adventure with that graphics.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top