• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 26 June

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Casual Friday

The scene is from the game F.A.C.E.S.. The character you are seeing is your Guardian Angel, and you really need one.

You are trapped in a prison of sorts. You are there because the government needs you and several others who also possess paranormal skills in order to create the perfect soldier. Your particular skill is that you can look at a photograph and transport yourself to the location shown in the photograph.

Unfortunately, the soldier experiments aren’t going all that well, and you have learned that the government plans to kill you tomorrow. Your obvious plan is to escape. But because they have things you need, you must also aid the three other prisoners in thier escapes.

A very well thought out game, with many interesting puzzles, that regrettably suffers from an overabundance of HO scenes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Is it my imagination, or is your angel wearing a straitjacket? And does that constrain the angel in any way?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I am SO voting this in the next CPT. Cool

I can handle the HOGs, and that story sounds awesome!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 26 June 2015 06:16 AM

Is it my imagination, or is your angel wearing a straitjacket? And does that constrain the angel in any way?

Yes, it is a straight jacket. She is after all in a prison/asylum environment. But no, she is not constrained in any way. (She’s also kind of scruffy looking, but that doesn’t hinder her either.) Wink

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

FACES is one of the few casuals I have played outside of the CP’s, and I didn’t really like it Frown
I can’t remember exactly why, but something about it simply rubbed me the wrong way. (Perhaps the many HOG’s)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My interest was piqued so I’ve just played through the demo. It has the beginnings of a few interesting ideas but have to agree that it’s a little HO heavy! But, I wouldn’t mind going for it in a CPT as the story seems quite strong!  Smile

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I liked the game but haven’t looked at it in a while.  I don’t think the HOPs bothered me too much.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top