• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Tuesday 16 June

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There are 3 “STRONG” reasons why Little Big Adventure aka Relentless: Twinsen’s Adventure should be considered an adventure game:

1) It was one of the most graphics innovative games in 1994, and we all know that all of the “technology-pushing” in 90s was reserved to adventures. Smile
2) It’s a great game, and adventures are great!
3) It has the word “Adventure” in its title, for Christ’s sake!

(on a more serious note, even though it’s a free-roaming, 3D game with some heavy butt-kicking action - it has everything an adventure game needs to have, and some more. Hell, even one of the main game’s premises with 4 Twinsen’s moods (Normal, Athletic/Sporty, Aggressive, and Discreet) is just one, big puzzle. Tongue )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Any game that has save points instead of a proper save/load system can go burn in hell as far as I’m concerned.

Also platforming.

I think I’ve heard that the second one was better and more adventurey. Is that true?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Kurufinwe - 16 June 2015 07:00 AM

I think I’ve heard that the second one was better and more adventurey. Is that true?

Not significantly enough if the action in the first game ruined it for you.

I’m a little bit action impaired but still enjoyed LBA and didn’t find it too difficult. But that was 20 years ago, I don’t know if it still holds up today. An adventure? Well, it’s about as much of an adventure as Quest for Glory and Alone in the Dark, so I would count it in.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I love LBA, definitely an adventure. Had it’s share of frustrations like the combat system and running against walls but it was so ahead of it’s time.

Kurufinwe - 16 June 2015 07:00 AM

Any game that has save points instead of a proper save/load system can go burn in hell as far as I’m concerned.

I agree that is was horrible, the save system was the biggest puzzle of the game   Confused

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I really loved that game (and the sequel is even better). It’s got it’s share of issues and it is an hybrid but still adventury enough for me to classify as an adventure game.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Never played the sequel, but heard just the praise. The thing is, LBA always scared the sh… out of me, I don’t know why. It’s definitely not a scary game, but there’s some sinister atmosphere about it which is hard to explain, even though it was supposed to be funny and cheerful. I guess that humanoid rabbit is to blame!

wilco - 16 June 2015 10:29 AM

the save system was the biggest puzzle of the game

You see?! I told you it’s an adventure! Crazy

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I only played about 10 minutes of this at a friend’s house 20 years ago. Gave me a bad first impression because I was really struggling with the controls (and was bumping into every wall I came across).
Maybe I should give this a second chance. If I ever find some time again. Maybe when I’m retired in 30+ years… Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Someone’s children had (finally) dozed off:

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is some time since I last played and finished LBA 2. While it has some really good riddles, there is also too much action for my taste. I would call it somewhat of an action/adventure mix. A good game, very cute characters (I think a dragon was my favorite character), horrid voice acting. Generally not my taste. Never played the first game.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Though the games are hybrids (action adventure game or platform adventure game), I thoroughly enjoyed both games. The only problem I had was - indeed - the horrible saving system in LBA 1. I guess I have played the games about 3 times, and I am sure I will replay them again, as they have aged very well (the original is even released on Android and IOS). And Philippe Vachey’s musical score is one of the most inspiring ones I know. When I hear a few notes of the LBA2 theme, I am tempted to reinstall the game immediately to return to Citadel or Desert Island.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

mart - 19 June 2015 06:20 AM

And Philippe Vachey’s musical score is one of the most inspiring ones I know.

Yes, thanks for mentioning the music. It’s the same guy who did the music for Time Commando, another Adeline Software action-adventure classic. That one will never feature in AGSOTD, but it’s an amusing game I highly recommend.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top