• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 15 June

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Apprentice II: The Knight’s Move

You won’t be surprised to hear that this is the second game in the series! Smile The first was good, but short and easy, and the second really builds on it being a lot longer and harder.

It has that vaguely LucasArts/Day of the Tentacle kind of feel to the artwork which always looks good and really fits the comedic setting, with some good characters and amusing moments. The soundtrack is pretty decent too.

I really enjoyed this game, but one or two of the puzzles, which involved timing elements, still stick out in my mind as being a bit annoying, but not bad at all. I especially liked the way that there is always something going on on screen, some kind of animation, whether an NPC or the background or whatever, which really helps bring the world to life.

The first game eventually got voice acting added in as a special edition, but sadly it never made it into the second game.

Note - (I’m subbing for Intense Degree posting today but its his screenshot and text)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

My commentary - never played but it sure looks good, the screen will push me to try it someday.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I agree - that’s how you expand on a short (but popular) AGS game!

wilco - 15 June 2015 06:38 AM

My commentary - never played but it sure looks good, the screen will push me to try it someday.

Yeah, even though the screen is a bit blurry (check here)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Really one of the classic freeware AGS game. A lot of fun to play.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 15 June 2015 06:32 AM

Note - (I’m subbing for Intense Degree posting today but its his screenshot and text)

hmm i see Intense is starting to be himself Tongue so i expect next weeks someone would start to post instead of him? Tongue Tongue, Love you Intense , and i just love kidding with you.

UH, today is my BD, and i was kinda expecting a scene from AAAAGF; Advie Adventurere Amid Adventure Gamers Forums Crazy  Pan  Spam

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Happy birthday Advie!

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I looked up a clip on YouTube; this game looks cute.

Happy birthday, Advie! Laughing

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Guys

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oh, hey! Happy belated birthday, Advie! Cool

Here, have some pyramid cake:

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top