• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 12 June 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

CASUAL FRIDAY

The 2nd game I’m presenting that makes use of live actors & FMV footage is Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull.
Playing as the same Master Detective from the previous game in the MCF series Dire Grove you travel to the southern tip of Louisiana to look for Marcus Lawson who disappears after reading his young daughter a bed-time story about a pirate whose ghost is said to haunt the area.

The story for the most part is an investigative mystery which is gradually unravelled by gleaning info from various people who are well portrayed & acted (I thought), my picture today includes an amusing minor character who regrets her choice in life but non-the-less gets on with it!
As you can probably guess from the screenshot the game-play consists of having to carry out tasks for them before anyone will open up to you, also there are a lot of HO scenes to complete (a little more forgiving than those in DG) & a nice variety of puzzles to solve.
I loved the atmosphere of the game greatly enhanced by the use of sound effects & incidental music, the flavour of that part of the USA captured by the intermittent ’ Ry Cooderesque’ twangs of a slide guitar which makes me want to watch Southern Comfort again.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve started this game twice and then got distracted playing something else and never returned. I was intrigued by the setting. It’s on my “must finish one of these days” list.

I love the foam curlers in her hair. Brings back memories.

Was the choice in life to have curly hair?  Neutral

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 12 June 2015 02:28 PM

I love the foam curlers in her hair. Brings back memories.

Was the choice in life to have curly hair?  Neutral

Laughing Oops, I overlooked that choice! Her regrets were more about the choice of marrying the man she’s with but if you’re going to sit there with curlers in your hair all day she’s got to ask herself how many other men are going to get along with that?   Laughing

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is, as far as I can tell, the only MCF game I’ve not played. I’m not even sure I played the demo. I’ll have to give it a try. Although, as has been commented on in the playthrough, the MCF franchise has lost much of its luster.

I decided not to stop in South Bend on my way back, and just drive straight through today. That decision knocked four hours and one overnight hotel stay off the trip. Probably a good move.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Only in a video-game would I step into such a gross environment. I mean, look at all the food that is laying on the floor and furniture. Is that a bone with meat still on it by the chest covered in birdseed? What is that on the plate? Is it leftover chocolate cake or something which she’s spilled on the make-shift table that also has discarded nut shells on it?

Then there’s that can of something spilled out on the carpeting, the probably not completely empty beer can and bottle, a dog treat on the sofa, and a mug with some greenish stuff in it by the lamp that I don’t even want to think about. And though not visually depicted, you know that bird has probably crapped all over the floor behind that chest and the dirty socks certainly aren’t helping things either. I’d want a Biohazard suit before I went in there. Yuck!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

You face a lot worse that that before it is over; squalid is the game’s signature. A fun game though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top