• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Petka and VICH save the galaxy. Translation of the game.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-06-11

PM

Hello everyone!
There is in Russia there is a remarkable series of quests about Petka and Vasily Ivanovich Chapaev, consisting of nine parts. The game has gained immense popularity among the CIS countries. Every part of the game follows the adventures of two heroes of the civil war in 1917 - the Red Army commander Vasily Chapayev and his orderly Petka (this real historical figures). Since the appearance of the film “Chapaev” in 1934, a host of anecdotes about the heroes of the revolution.
The first game of the series called: “Petka and VICH Save the Galaxy”. Released in 1998, the company Buka and Developed by SKIF. I am convinced that a game with such chic graphics must have English translation. In addition, the third part of the game has been translated into English!
Petka 3 - The Return Of Alaska in English!
I’m interested in your opinion, the opinion of connoisseurs of the genre! Do you think you need a translation of the game into English?
I apologize for my terrible English. If we are going to do the translation, it will invite to this a professional translator! Translation will be freely distributed in the form of a patch for the game.
Demo
More details about the game:
http://gamereviewgroup.com/game-review-petka-and-vich-save-the-galaxy/
http://petka-vich.com/games/petka1

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The title of the series is familiar kalumb as I’ve seen screenshots of all of the 9 games in Adventure-Archiv & they’re also included in Moby Games. I see that one of the games has an English language patch but what operating system will it work on? As for translating yet an earlier game will it work on more modern systems? I’m all for English versions to be made of games made in different languages even if it’s on a very basic level but it would be good maybe to have a demo?

I forgot to mention that it does look like a fun series reading what I could glean from the review!

Joined 2015-06-11

PM

The first two games in the series are designed for engine studio SKIF. Starting with Petka 3 game engine is developed on Saturn Studio Plus. Petka 1 works on all recent versions of Windows.
As a demo I can only offer my “demo”, developed on the WME, using the resources of the game. But there is no translation.
Demo
The game has about 46 000 words. I wanted to raise the necessary funds on Kickstarter. But I need to know, support the translation. All phrases in the game had very short, so the translation of the text, I think that will be enough.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the link to your demo kalumb, the game graphically looked very good on my monitor & I’ve played around not getting very far as I really can’t read or understand one word of Russian! But, I do like the interface - I did work out that a right-click brings up a wheel of icons to look, speak, walk & I’m guessing the one where the hand squeezes a blue ring is for interaction?
I did come across a part that was voiced which I could tell by the tone was probably meant to be amusing & managed to pick-up some dynamite! Also within that icon wheel was a trunk for inventory that also above it gives you access to a map & the main menu - I wasn’t sure of the purpose of the guy on the left though? Clicking on the floppy disc was obvious to access the main menu & also within that the door to exit the game. I’d definitely be interested in the game with an English translation! I would have considered buying Petka 3 that has the English patch but the purchase page is in Russian so needs to have an English translation to tempt me & I guess anyone else that doesn’t know Russian!    Smile

Joined 2015-06-11

PM

Glad you liked the game.
Unfortunately, to buy Petka 3 is now difficult even in Russia. About “Petka 1” and can not speak. Buy it almost impossible, even a digital version. Buka not support old games. But Buka ported “Petka 1” on Android, and the “Petka 2 ‘on iOS.
I would be grateful if you tell me more English-language sites about adventures game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Try Google Translate kalumb - it may be painstaking though!  Smile

Google Translate

Joined 2015-06-11

PM

Translation error. I rewrote the post above.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top