• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 5 June 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

CASUAL FRIDAY

From June 19th rtrooney will be presenting games that fall within the Casual Game category that have strong adventure elements but meanwhile I will for the next 2 weeks be featuring a couple that also incorporate the use of live actors & FMV footage.

My 1st is Surface: The Noise She Couldn’t Make, one of a series of so far 6 games with at least 4 of them using live actors, my choice today based on (for me) the most intriguing story.

You play in 1st person perspective as a psychic hired to delve into the mind of a comatose 20 year old girl on life support who was found in the woods with a blood covered knife next to her & as such most of the game play involves solving puzzles & easy HO scenes within the environments of the girl’s mind to find the root of her trauma.  There is a strong psychological aspect to the story in this game which does lend itself to both the ordinary & bizarre scenarios you encounter enhanced by the use of live actors but although I found the narrator excellently voice -acted & some of the ‘live’ scenes very good, for me some of it was a little over-dramatic. Otherwise an interesting game!

I’ll just mention that I was impressed that the SE concluded to satisfaction with no ‘left-overs’ & the CE that gives you an extra very nice chapter which although delightful to play is not necessary as an addition! 

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 05 June 2015 09:36 AM

You play in 1st person perspective as a psychic hired to delve into the mind of a comatose 20 year old girl on life support who was found in the woods with a blood covered knife next to her…

Jesus. Casuals aren’t what they used to be! Long gone are the days where the plot usually involved finding the right dishes in the kitchen in order to prepare the lunch!
(just kiddin’, just kiddin’ - don’t hate me, casual lovers! Tongue )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This game had an odd, surreal ambiance. It was creepy exploring the girl’s damaged mind. The hospital scenes, as I recall, were rather campy. An unusual combination.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 05 June 2015 10:38 AM

This game had an odd, surreal ambiance. It was creepy exploring the girl’s damaged mind. The hospital scenes, as I recall, were rather campy. An unusual combination.

Yes, I did find the nurse in the hospital unnaturally over-earnest!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Great choice for a game. And, if I have not said it often enough, thank you for covering for me for the first two postings.

I continually confuse the Surface series with the Shiver series. I think the developers of the first Surface game lost their way. Subsequent game, e.g. The Pantheon or The Soaring City didn’t have near the emotional impact of the original.

On the other hand, the Shiver series seems to be on solid ground when it comes to creating games that are true to its roots. It would a good bet that one of the Shiver games will appear sometime this year.

Leaving TX tomorrow. Plan on arriving home Saturday. On schedule to take over the task on the 19th.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top