• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 31 May 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Today is Martin Ganteföhr’s birthday. Actually, I fervently hope it is… Shifty Eyed I wrote down the date months ago and now I can’t find it anywhere on the Internet! So I’m going to pretend it’s his birthday and celebrate it with a screenshot from Overclocked: A History of Violence, which I think is his best game: Psychiatrist David McNamara observing one of his traumatised patients. I liked the dark and gripping story and I hope Martin Ganteföhr will continue his ambitious storytelling at Daedalic.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 31 May 2015 07:38 AM

which I think is his best game

Not everyone agrees. Tongue

Thanks for the massive effort of doing this 5 days a week for a year! It’s been a blast! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks for the year of living adventure-gamingly! It’s been entertaining and informative.  Laughing

Happy Birthday to Martin, wherever you are. Let’s see—which of these looks the most like a cake with candles.  Naughty

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, thanks for the interesting year!

Cheers Laughing

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you for all your hard work this year, Karlok!  You did an outstanding job, and I learned a lot from you.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Regardless of whether it is overclocked or TMoS that is his best game, then I glad you chose this as your last AGSotD, as I believe Martin Ganteföhr is a little bit underrated and overlooked here in this forum.

I would also like to thank you for posting these scenes for the last year. Even if I don’t always comment on them, then I always check what scene you have selected. You also seem to have played a lot of games that I have never played my self.

Thank you Karlok.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Out of the 3 later games that Martin Gantefohr was involved with although I did really like 15 Days (just DON’T mention the cougar runtime errors!) the battle really is between The Moment of Silence & Overclocked (as in Advie’s Cage Match which I’m sorry I didn’t take part in!) To me they are both excellent games but I think I favour Overclocked as I found it to have the deeper more intensive story which if I remember rightly travelled backwards ‘Memento’ style?

Anyway I agree with Iznogood that a screenshot from a Martin Gantefohr game was a good choice to finish on!

Thanks again for an interesting year Karlok & your commitment to posting 5 days a week - I of course ‘had my cake & ate it’ as for the most part I didn’t know when you were going to post screenshots from games that I knew you may use & still had the surprise of your mid-week specials + the featuring of newer games!  Smile     

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you for all your effort with posting daily AGs scenes, Karlok.Since I’m not fan of 1st person AGs and you obviously are, there was a lot of new interesting stuff for me.Maybe I’ll even try to play some of them! Smile
But with so many great 3rd person AGs, chances for that are very slim.

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

(Well, 31st of May actually IS my birthday). What a lovely surprise to find out about this thread. :-) )

Thank you, Karlok, for a year of memorable scenes!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Stats for our year added, deleted, added.  Shifty Eyed  Gasp

Yipple - The yipple is a master of disguise, able to alter form to match its surroundings. If disturbed in the wild, some yipples may bite. They make wonderful pets, but should never be allowed to rest in the cookie jar if guests are expected. Yipples are violently allergic to many kinds of animal wastes. - Encyclopedia Frobozzica

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

That was a great job Karlok! Thumbs Up
Take your well-deserved rest.
I hope you’ll still be around. Wink

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 03 June 2015 04:55 AM

Stats for our year added, deleted, added.  Shifty Eyed  Gasp

Aw, the yipple description is gone… Frown

Why the delete/re-add, btw?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 03 June 2015 06:50 AM

Aw, the yipple description is gone…

Added, deleted, added.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice stats (I need to start organizing what I’ll post…)
Please continue to add a random Zork quote of the day Smile

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I love the stats post, Karlok!  I’ll be sure to guard my cookie jar. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 03 June 2015 07:00 AM
TimovieMan - 03 June 2015 06:50 AM

Aw, the yipple description is gone…

Added, deleted, added.

The no longer ‘orphaned’ cookie jar image thanks you. Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top