• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 30 May 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LET’S PLAY TOGETHER - Week Special

Today is Star Day (okay, Saturday for the few non-Frobozzians out there) with the last pic of the week special. 

Now don’t look at me like that!  I’m not a real adventurer, I just played one on TV. Couldn’t find my way out of a maze if you paid me! Well, maybe if you paid me a lot…

Yeah, Jack, that’s right, you’re a terrible adventurer. Even a magic lantern is too much for you to handle. But you always make me smile and didn’t you win the Palm d’Grue at the Foozle Film Festival with Great Underground Adventure IV?

The Zork Grand Inquisitor community playthrough is proof that spontaneous CPs do exist and can be succesful.  Cool

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

That’s reminded me that I did start ZGI a couple of years ago, got stuck then distracted by other games! I must get back to it & it’s good to know I have a CPT to follow!

It does seem like a good time to mention just how much I value the CPTs, even though I haven’t joined in with many, but do appreciate along with the interesting comments from participants (when I have joined in) which can enhance your gaming experience of a game, especially the organisation & input of the playthrough leaders who have done/do a great job on each of all of the games as well as & aside from the ones we’ve featured this week. Thank you! Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I played this one years ago, and then replayed a good chunk of it when it first released on GOG. The boxed version came with a timeline that was hilarious—very helpful to a Zork newbie like me.

I enjoyed the goofy humor and the outlandish things that happened when I died. I think I even ended up in New Jersey once. Or did I dream the New Jersey bit?

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jack may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I’d play “Grue, Fire and Water” with him anytime, as long as I could borrow the telepathy orb. Smile

Becky,
You probably became a fellow manhole cover in Newark.  Isn’t totemization fun?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I regret so much not being around for this playthrough that I tried to put it up for voting again in the last round Smile Amazing game, not surprised a spontaneous CP came from it.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 30 May 2015 04:48 PM

Jack may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but I’d play “Grue, Fire and Water” with him anytime, as long as I could borrow the telepathy orb. Smile

LadyK, did you try to use the telepathy orb to lose? Lucy is wearing an unbelievable number of jackets, shirts, blouses, skirts, etcetera, but if you persevere… Smile

wilco - 30 May 2015 05:09 PM

I regret so much not being around for this playthrough that I tried to put it up for voting again in the last round Smile Amazing game, not surprised a spontaneous CP came from it.

Well, why not start a spontaneous one again?

Quote of the Day: Be a lamb and sign this confession. Pink copy’s yours.  (Executioner)

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok - 30 May 2015 06:35 PM

LadyK, did you try to use the telepathy orb to lose? Lucy is wearing an unbelievable number of jackets, shirts, blouses, skirts, etcetera, but if you persevere… Smile

Lucy was losing quite a bit before I realized I could use the orb, but Jack was losing a bit more.  Beginner’s luck, I guess.  Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I made Lucy lose every time to see what would happen if she ran out of garments to take off. I guess the developers could have made a loop to make sure that never happens. I’m glad they didn’t. It takes some patience but in the end you get one of the funny game-over text screens.

Quote of the Day: I love to love the lovely ladies. (Floyd)

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 30 May 2015 06:35 PM

[
Well, why not start a spontaneous one again?

A second spontaneous CP for the same game?!?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top