• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Friday 29 May 2015

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

LET’S PLAY TOGETHER - Week Special

One game I would never ever have persisted with or even tried in the 1st place if not for the community playthrough here is Obsidian.

1st person-perspective puzzle focused games are not really my forte, especially ones that include large ‘mechanical’ environments & deal with the idea of AI & nanotechnology, so I was amazed at just how much I enjoyed Obsidian.  I loved the strangeness of many of the locations & the subtleties of the story within the fascinating concept of this well-structured & thought-provoking game enhanced by ‘playing together’ with other members here.

The scene above that made me think “wow” when I came across it in the game is my very last screenshot of Karlok’s & my AGSotD year together so seems fitting that it’s also from one of Karlok’s favourite games.

Thanks for inviting me to join you Karlok to present AGSotD as it’s been a pleasure to collaborate with you. Smile

Thanks to all who looked at my screenshots & for any comments! Smile

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 29 May 2015 11:08 AM

The scene above that made me think “wow” when I came across it in the game is my very last screenshot of Karlok & my AGSotD year together so seems fitting that it’s from one of Karlok’s favourite games.

Yep, one of my favorite 1st-person adventures. Cool I was a lurker during the community playthrough, which I enjoyed very much.

Thanks for inviting me to join you Karlok to present AGSotD as it’s been a pleasure to collaborate with you. Smile

Thank you for making this year possible, Chrissie, because I would not have done it without you. And everything went smoothly… peace and harmony the entire year.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Peace and harmony - so good! Smile

Thanks again for the interesting year to you both.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Weeeeeeee… it’s Journeyman Project 3 tomorrow! Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 29 May 2015 02:05 PM

I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high diego but you never know - Karlok may change her mind!  Smile

Total Posts: 5588

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Obsidian is still in my top ten list.  It was a tough one, but ever so cleverly made.

Thank you for all your efforts, Chrissie!  I enjoyed your contributions tremendously.

Karlok,
I’m looking forward to seeing your final offering tomorrow. Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 29 May 2015 02:38 PM

Obsidian is still in my top ten list.  It was a tough one, but ever so cleverly made.

Thank you for all your efforts, Chrissie!  I enjoyed your contributions tremendously.

Karlok,
I’m looking forward to seeing your final offering tomorrow. Smile

Thank you Dara100 & Lady Kestrel for your very encouraging comments! Yes! I agree Lady Kestrel that Obsidian was a tough game (especially for a puzzle thicky like me) but I’m so pleased that I got to play it! Smile

I just want to mention that Karlok will be posting her last screenshot for this week’s special tomorrow but her final post will actually be on Sunday!  Smile

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I would like to use this opportunity to thank you for the hard work of posting these scenes for the last year. I always look forward to seeing what has been selected for the day, and reading you comments about the game.

Thank you Chrissie.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you Iznogood! & I’m looking forward to what you’ve got lined-up on the puzzle front from next week!  Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The Obsidian community playthrough was indeed fun. I’m not a big fan of 1st person exploration/puzzle type of adventures myself but Obsidian was interesting, and weird in a good way. I didn’t find the puzzles overly hard (though they definitely were not super easy or anything) as most of the stuff was very logical within the setting. The one part where I was really stuck was yet again not noticing a screen exit to one area. It’s almost always either that or a pixel hunt.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 29 May 2015 02:33 PM
diego - 29 May 2015 02:05 PM

I wouldn’t get your hopes up too high diego but you never know - Karlok may change her mind!  Smile

Sorry Diego.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s OK. I know what’s cookin’ for tomorrow, anyway.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Oh? Tell me, what’s cooking? Smile

Not Bad Mojo, I’ve already used it several times and besides, Mr Z. has left the building. For a while anyway.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Now I’m curious about tommorrow Smile

Thanks for all the screens in the year, chrissie and Karlok, Great job! discovered new ones and played a lot of interesing adventures that I probably would have missed.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

wilco - 29 May 2015 05:50 PM

Now I’m curious about tommorrow Smile

It will be self-referential… Innocent

Thanks for all the screens in the year, chrissie and Karlok, Great job! discovered new ones and played a lot of interesing adventures that I probably would have missed.

I’m glad you volunteered for the new AGSotD year, Wilco. You play a lot of games. All the newly released ones too. Smile

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Thanks chrissie, for finding and dramatizing those odd hidden gems I wouldn’t otherwise know about!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top