• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 26 May 2015

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LET’S PLAY TOGETHER - Week Special

In the first week special of our AGSotD year Chrissie posted a scene from Discworld Noir and it feels right to post another one in the last week special. Let’s face it: there are many good adventures, but only a few great ones. Discworld Noir is a great game. I reread a few pages of the community playthrough just now and I already feel like playing it again. Smile

Death: Hello again
Lewton: Have you come for me?
Death: No. I was just passing by and I thought it would be polite to say Hello. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do with acquaintances?
Lewton: If you want to scare them to death.
Death: Sorry. I’m not good in social situations.
Lewton: It must be hard to fit in when you’re a seven foot tall skeleton with a scythe.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I remember my ‘messy’ screenshot well but didn’t think it was too bad considering it was a shot taken in motion & better than some of my inexcusably bad screenshots presented later!

I can’t think why I didn’t take part in that playthrough except I know I was working all hours at the time & also the idea of ‘playing together’ was a new concept to me! Whatever, I’m sorry I missed it as Discworld Noir is the one I played 1st in the series & impressed me enough to track down the earlier games. I still have the PS1 version of DN & might try to see what it looks like on my 39” flatscreen as opposed to the 14” I originally played it on! Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The first CPT I joined, and what a great game that was!

I loved the conversations with Samael in the screenshot. You had to swat the Casablanca references off you. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Great soundtrack too.

You should have all recorded yourselves singing the pianist’s song.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Discworld Noir is one of my favourite games, and I would have loved to have taken part in the CP. But even though I was a member at the time, then I wasn’t really very active back then, and I still hadn’t seen the light and realized what these CP was all about, or what an excellent way it is to share a gaming experience with others.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

“I’ve had some bad days since I started work as a private investigator. But I’ve never woken up dead before. I’ve been working as a P.I. for little over a month and business was slow. Hiring an investigator to look into your business requires trust. And the amount of trust in Ankh-Morpork wouldn’t fill a cup. And it’s a small cup I’m talking about. Sure, people trust that you don’t get on the wrong side of the Patrician. People trust that you don’t walk into the Shades alone. People trust that the Assassin’s Guild will fulfill their contract or double your money back. Yeah, people even trust Death. Just don’t ask them to trust their mothers!”

BEST. VIDEO. GAME. QUOTE. EVER.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top